Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed that Triumph Glasgow are quoting 120bhp and 98ft/lb. That's probably the figures to believe!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Personally, I like it.

The problem being I don’t think it would pass EU ITV (MOT) inspections and especially since Spain are now rolling out mobile emission detectors that can check and send out fines on the spot regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or stationary with the engine running.
So cause of these new systems I won’t be adding any more engine upgrades to the Bobber and soon I may even have to revert back to stock...:crying:

For those of you who read Spanish:
https://www.autopista.es/radares-dgt/articulo/llegan-los-nuevos-radares-anticontaminacion-para-controlar-tu-coche
@didakpc - has visto las últimas noticias ? Entiendo q ya funcionan/hacen pruebas en Madrid :surprise:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Personally, I like it.

The problem being I don’t think it would pass EU ITV (MOT) inspections and especially since Spain are now rolling out mobile emission detectors that can check and send out fines on the spot regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or stationary with the engine running.
So cause of these new systems I won’t be adding any more engine upgrades to the Bobber and soon I may even have to revert back to stock...:crying:

https://www.autopista.es/radares-dgt/articulo/llegan-los-nuevos-radares-anticontaminacion-para-controlar-tu-coche

@didakpc - has visto las últimas noticias ? Entiendo q ya funcionan/hacen pruebas en Madrid :surprise:
That´s really bad, man!
But I think they will rather use in on the mainland than on your lovely little island, so you should be quite safe. At least I hope so.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Personally, I like it.

Without getting all political....Boy am I glad we’re leaving the EU control freaks...:frown2:

And to be clear I love Europe and European people’s:smile2: and I especially love the food, wine and beer...:x

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The DGT (traffic police/department) share all tech from mainland Spain and fines are big business on this Island.
I do feel for all the tourists who go down badly signed (and in Spanish only) roads that look “public” but are for permit holders only. They end up with massive(!) fines and have no idea why. Cameras & big brother everywhere!!

So you can be sure that this new radar will find its way here very quickly indeed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Personally, I like it.

Dear god, they don't even check bikes for emissions here in the UK during an MOT, sod that coming over the water!

Back on track with the article - they say a top end of 130 on the supercharged one, how did they bypass the ECU limits there I wonder?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Personally, I like it.

They are only tests and only in Madrid. If you have the catalyst (not x-pipe) I do not think you have problems. Exhaust tails only muffle noise. The police can sometimes make you a noise test but they have to stop the vehicle beforehand and rarely do it.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I have an xpipe, but as you said may have to put the OEM converter back on and only be “noise illegal”...

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
I have an xpipe, but as you said may have to put the OEM converter back on and only be “noise illegal”...
I don't think Brexit will make the UK any more lenient on emissions than Europe..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Personally, I like it.

Its supercharged, simply accelerate away from the offensive tail-pipe sniffer. It never ceases to amaze me how controlled the EU is. In the US, we don't even allow speed cameras, and radar detectors are given away as stocking stuffers for Christmas. Thank God for a Constitution drafted by a bunch of rebellious yanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts