Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a long blast today with my superb Trident exhaust blaring away. Superb!
Yesterday I removed the side mounted number plate and repositioned the number plate on the rear mudguard. Jury is still out on what looks best!
I may get a side mounted number plate bracket made up to go on the right hand side of the bike (UK regulations) rather than have it on the U.S. left hand side.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’m usually a fan of side mounted plates, but for some reason I really like the standard position on your bike. Perhaps it’s because of the (really nice) paintwork or the black and white numberplate. Either way, it looks great the way it is in your pics.

·
Registered
553 Posts
To me the side mount looks CRAP, leave that rubbish for the harley wannabees
much better at the rear, but that's just the opinion of this old fart, what do I know.
Bike looks nice NOW.
Like your house in the background too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My bike has just gone to the corner of the garage to weep....:p
It's just a case of 'to each his own' 0:)

Some people even like blacking out their bikes or wrapping the headers,
But of course they shouldn't be allowed out on their own without taking their meds. >:) :grin2: :x

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trirocket3 Thanks for the positive comments regarding me dumping the side plate. Had to laugh though at you thinking that is my house in the background! That is just my bike shed! Ha!
Cheers again.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
With a full-sized rear fender like that, the rear plate mount looks great. It would look really odd sticking straight out horizontally on the shortened rear fender. That bike shed comment cracked me up! You could definitely fit quite a few in there, I bet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts