Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In efforts to mold the human interactions and dialogue into simpler and dumbed-down social engagements, please add a "laugh"-react button (similar to the 'Like' react feature). Thanks!

But in all seriousness, I would like to see this feature added. The existing 'Like' react feature for each thread post is great - however, implies that the reader may only like the post and for everything else, it almost forces the reader to post their statement/fact/opinion on why they don't necessarily 'like' the OP. Being my own devil's advocate, the forcing mechanism contributes to a "higher" level of dialogue. This is great, and I love reading the various differentiating perspectives and opinions. But... even with the suggested feature, I believe the latter will still happen because as enthusiasts, we will naturally post and contribute for the greater good.

This came about when I was reading several posts and threads, and thought to myself, that was really funny. But the 'Like' button doesn't necessarily express what I want. Initially, I didn't think much of it, but then the more I dove into the forums, the more instances of this I found myself encountering to the point where I figured I make the suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
868 Posts
In efforts to mold the human interactions and dialogue into simpler and dumbed-down social engagements, please add a "laugh"-react button (similar to the 'Like' react feature). Thanks!

But in all seriousness, I would like to see this feature added. The existing 'Like' react feature for each thread post is great - however, implies that the reader may only like the post and for everything else, it almost forces the reader to post their statement/fact/opinion on why they don't necessarily 'like' the OP. Being my own devil's advocate, the forcing mechanism contributes to a "higher" level of dialogue. This is great, and I love reading the various differentiating perspectives and opinions. But... even with the suggested feature, I believe the latter will still happen because as enthusiasts, we will naturally post and contribute for the greater good.

This came about when I was reading several posts and threads, and thought to myself, that was really funny. But the 'Like' button doesn't necessarily express what I want. Initially, I didn't think much of it, but then the more I dove into the forums, the more instances of this I found myself encountering to the point where I figured I make the suggestion.
I am a mod on a couple of sites on this platform, and can't even get extra mods added, let alone "play" with th config. WHilst I like the sentiment, the practicalities of getting it deliver make me shudder... Sorry to pour cold water...

Reactions: DriftlessRider

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood. I was the manager of a forum back in the day, and understand the difficulties in obtaining various add-ons and features to the "cookie-cutter" platforms. I appreciate the feedback though from the admins though. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Site owners are busy with other projects, like gamifying the site :(

Reaction System Project Introduction
Currently, in our platform we have a very basic pointing and trophy system. We are looking at expanding our pointing system across the board with different levels within our communities. By doing this we hope that we will incentivize users to complete actions and distinguish themselves within the community.
We are currently in the discovery phase, and excited to share more with you soon!

I think the thumbs up has been a nice addition to the site. It's nice to acknowledge someones post without having to create a trivial "nice post" post. The thumbs down might be a good addition. I don't like the negativity it brings, but maybe if folks could hit that it would prevent some negative posts. A sad face is good for when someone posts bad news, and a thumbs up or a thumbs down would seem tacky. Yeah, I agree with the OP. And also with Guzzilazz, The site owners are not actively monitoring, fixing or updating the site anymore. No chance in **** of them jumping on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts