Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot summer weather demands new, breathable biking shoes :grin2:

Got these STYLMARTIN boots from 24helmets.de
They were shipped out 15 mins after i pressed the PAY button. Talk about fast service!!

I have used Stylmartin in the past and these are no different; high quality, breathable and supportive. Obviously not racing boots, but a good compromise between protection and comfort i believe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've always worn proper motorcycle boots, but with the Bobber, I do like my TCX Street Ace boots, very similar in style to yours.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
My Daytona touring boots are cool in summer and warm in winter, and at the price I can only afford one pair! :grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always worn proper motorcycle boots, but with the Bobber, I do like my TCX Street Ace boots, very similar in style to yours.
I second the TCX.
Their street air version is amazing and very comfy. I have changed the inner soles (like I do in most of my shoes/boots) to get better support and more cushioning when walking.
I’ve had the street airs for over a year and they are wearing well.

I tried some Daytona boots while in Scotland. Probably the best protective boots around. But for me, the SIDI’s were a slightly better fit.
And you’re right Guzzilazz, the Daytona’s are mighty expensive...!

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
I tried some Daytona boots while in Scotland. Probably the best protective boots around. But for me, the SIDI’s were a slightly better fit.
And you’re right Guzzilazz, the Daytona’s are mighty expensive...!
Mine are 10 years old, and look (well if they were cleaned:nerd:) like new. No wear on the soles at all

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. They have an awesome reputation.
One day I’ll find a pair that fit properly :smile2:
For some reason I was in between sizes on all the boots I tried and none felt “right”.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Picked up a pair of those Stylmartin riding sneaks in the Spring. Very cool Italian styling and a good option for around town rides. Good that the boot people a have figured out some decent protection in riding shoes as an alternative to full on boots.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I can already hear the barrage of comments while I type this but I've always worn Vans.
You will also hear NO judgmental comments from me either. Each to their own and one can't really have true freedom without 'choice'.

I've never embraced being 'practical', I've always just gone with what I love.

Here are my old boots I had made around 25 years ago and I have worn them almost exclusively all that time both for riding and just every day. They are not practical, not waterproof, not very protective, quirky colours and almost falling apart but they are MY boots.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I can already hear the barrage of comments while I type this but I've always worn Vans.
No comments here, either. For years, I rode with jeans, t-shirt, when cool, a leather (non-armor) jacket and very infrequently for a mile or two, even no helmet.:surprise: Maybe older and wiser now but, I'm totally ATGATT (as a result with an agreement with my wife).:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hot summer weather demands new, breathable biking shoes :grin2:

Got these STYLMARTIN boots from 24helmets.de
They were shipped out 15 mins after i pressed the PAY button. Talk about fast service!!

I have used Stylmartin in the past and these are no different; high quality, breathable and supportive. Obviously not racing boots, but a good compromise between protection and comfort i believe.

Preaching to the converted sir!
Have been rocking the Stylmartin Seattles for a month now to/from and at work and have been raving about them to anyone who'll listen, and plenty who don't.

A little pricier than similar looking versions, but quality is definitely there! And hey, they're Italian shoes
Wore Doc Marten boots for quite some time but the eyelets let the water in so I bought the Styls for winter wear.
Brilliant boots!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Street Ace´s - after 15 months of use (April 2017).
Never been cleaned. Never will be >:)

Looking good. Those are what I originally wanted, but they weren't in stock so I had the Aces. I like the convenient zip now as it means I don't have to keep tying the laces :grin2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts