Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my take of the Bobber OEM shock v. Fox Racing shock

BUY THE FOX SHOCK RIGHT NOW!!!!

I've rode Bobbers since February when my dealership got our first one. My Matt Caspian Blue was on order so I rode demo bikes. Since February I've rode over 1500 miles on several Bobbers on the stock shock and now my personal bike has the Fox shock installed. For me (6'1", 245 lbs) the stock shock offers too much float and bottoms out very quickly under any sudden compression (highway bumps) and the rebound is terrible. It's a true production piece designed for the average weight rider (170 lbs) that simply rides down the highway humming along.

Now the Fox...all I can say is wow!

The stock bike handles well. The Fox shock made the bike a predictable canyon carver and comfortable commuter,totally transformed my riding experience. I'm running on the stiffer side right now, at 7 clicks and it's not beating me up. At $750 it's not a cheap upgrade. However, my friends don't pay retail ?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Here's my take of the Bobber OEM shock v. Fox Racing shock

BUY THE FOX SHOCK RIGHT NOW!!!!

I've rode Bobbers since February when my dealership got our first one. My Matt Caspian Blue was on order so I rode demo bikes. Since February I've rode over 1500 miles on several Bobbers on the stock shock and now my personal bike has the Fox shock installed. For me (6'1", 245 lbs) the stock shock offers too much float and bottoms out very quickly under any sudden compression (highway bumps) and the rebound is terrible. It's a true production piece designed for the average weight rider (170 lbs) that simply rides down the highway humming along.

Now the Fox...all I can say is wow!

The stock bike handles well. The Fox shock made the bike a predictable canyon carver and comfortable commuter,totally transformed my riding experience. I'm running on the stiffer side right now, at 7 clicks and it's not beating me up. At $750 it's not a cheap upgrade. However, my friends don't pay retail ?
Finally we get some insight into the long asked question.
Thanks for the report!
You've just put a dent in quite a few wallets, i'm sure >:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very welcome!

I also highly recommend the rear bobbins to go along with it .

Best $30 you can spend on your bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fox shock

Just my 2 cents. I found the stock shock to be quite mediocre, I weigh 240lbs and besides the suspension being bouncey it bottom very easily on highway bumps. So I put the Fox shock just last week. It is a huge difference. I highly recommend to get an aftermarket shock if you weigh more than 200 lbs...
I think Triumph missed the boat on this one and I will not be surprised if in the future the bike will come stock with an adjustable rear shock. For the amount of money the bike costs it is not too much to ask to have some degree of tuning on the stock shock. The stock shock has not adjustment at all!!

Count on $750 for the Fox shock and $100 for the labor of installing it. Otherwise I love my Bobber!!!

Luis

·
Registered
170 Posts
Am I the only one thinking his guy is promoting and selling Bobber parts for his business?
I can't recall the last time a dealer didn't promote his merchandise...
If I'm misunderstanding, my apologies, but.... this is off putting for a forum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Am I the only one thinking his guy is promoting and selling Bobber parts for his business?
I don't know, though as this is a fairly new forum I guess we works with what we gots and overlook a few things - although, the moderator might tell me to get.....:surprise:..................0:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't mind, considering he owns a Bobber and provided valuable insight, which most have seemed to agree with. I personally purchased a shock from him thanks to his (and others') reviews.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I were having a look-see at the standard rear shock. To gain some adjustability for heavier riders, I'd reckon a shim would be easy enough to put under the spring as it sits in the bike.
Basically run up a big washer on the lathe and then split it so it can be installed without disassembling the spring unit. Then using something like a worm clamp to hold it together. Something to dwell upon...

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI,

i have also been looking at the fox shock - $950.00 in canada
and about to install the brembo free spirit kit - on my 2017
how does that compare.

DMY

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It would seem this is an older post brought back from the past but seeing as I have a little insight I thought it worth sharing my own opinion on the Fox shock.

Buy it!

P.S... I’m not a dealer ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Old post i know, but as a 165lb rider i find the stock unit translating every ripple and road imperfection up through my head. My teeth could chatter at times!

I actually like the performance of the stock shock in spirited twisties, not so much humming along.

Would a Fox shock help out? I guess more pizza could add some padding ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts