Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the stock gas cap just hate that it’s locking. I took a look but couldn’t figure it out, anyone have any idea I guess basically how to remove the lock core so it would just twist off without needing the key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I really like the look of the stock gas cap just hate that it’s locking. I took a look but couldn’t figure it out, anyone have any idea I guess basically how to remove the lock core so it would just twist off without needing the key?

I can´t answer your question regarding the locks core.
But if its not possible to modify the stock cap, keep it in one piece for when the bike is sold (very distant future :wink2:) and put on a keyless Motone cap. They are really well made and look great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One simple solution would be to get a key and leave it in and cut the excess. Maybe leave a tab or small hole to retrive the short key.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a similar question. Can I use the stock gas cap in the unlocked position? It screws in and out no problem but wondering if this effects the venting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts