Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen a stock bobber pull a wheelie? I wonder if lowering rear tire pressure for full contact without spinning tire on rim (maybe 25 psi) and without twisting tube, TC off, weight as far back as possible if we could pull our bobbers into a wheelie?

Maybe a solid link to replace the shock is needed?

Power is there to spare just wonder about the geometry of the bike. Mine, on full hole shot wants to lift the front end.

Thoughts? :surprise:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dunno about the Bobber, but my SM goes very light without trying in the traffic light grand prix without any effort, and without nailing the throttle

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it has two wheels, I can wheelie it. I'll have my GF take a pick this weekend. I've not wheelied the BB yet but I'm certain I can make it happen.

NOTE: Don't get your expectations too high... its a blobber, it won't be like my 150mph power wheelies at Roebling Road that could be done on the 1299 Panigale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you've got more chance of lighting up the back tyre, But I'm sure it's possible, should look quite amusing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it has two wheels, I can wheelie it.

Who doesn't luv a good mono. Bring on the pics rathead.

Oh don't worry, it'll be worth the wait. It's been raining everyday here, and there is a hurricane coming, but soon I'll get a vid up of a dank wheelie (not on a public road, FYI). It'll look like a public road, but it's not.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh don't worry, it'll be worth the wait. It's been raining everyday here, and there is a hurricane coming, but soon I'll get a vid up of a dank wheelie (not on a public road, FYI). It'll look like a public road, but it's not.
:grin2:Brilliant that made me laugh. Be careful, in my younger days it wqas all about front wheel up knee down etc but not anymore, you got to take it easy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
wee … wee - ramp is needed to get nose up or a lot of customizations to get front end weight down. I will rise my hat if someone will wheelie stock bobber.
Relax soma day Triumph will listen meaner customers and will do lighter BobberRRR option and this will wheelie and shows tail lights if needed >:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't think it's a "shrinkage" issue...
It's like the staying our late drinking ..
1- your body doesn't recover as fast as it used to..can't just sit on the couch for a day or so..
2- you have a job and responsibilities.. not to mention .."toys" you don't want to loose if you get injured and can't work..
3- your body doesn't work like it used to, your fast twitch muscles go to **** with age...along with strenth.
I remember a couple of years ago, I picked my daughter up at a friends house.. as I walked into the back yard I spotted a half pipe ramp. I literally grew up with a skateboard under my feet.. and got nailed many times for skating empty pools.
My eyes glazed over, brain shut down as I climbed the latter and borrowed a board...
I completely forgot I was there to pick up my daughter... I dropped in, hit the transition..traveled up over the coping, stuck the landing.. continued back up to the platform..
In my brain it was "EFFN NAILED IT!!".. my body and knees screamed "YOUR NOT 16 AS*HOLE"!!!!
My daugher was impressed as she had never known of my riding past..
A face plant off a ramp is no where as damaging as a asphalt shampoo

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, we all still have it...
IT .. just happens to have quite a lot of patina .. like some of my old bikes..
Last time I checked...,patina is what people are paying for ..:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don't think it's a "shrinkage" issue...
It's like the staying our late drinking ..
1- your body doesn't recover as fast as it used to..can't just sit on the couch for a day or so..
2- you have a job and responsibilities.. not to mention .."toys" you don't want to loose if you get injured and can't work..
3- your body doesn't work like it used to, your fast twitch muscles go to **** with age...along with strenth.
I remember a couple of years ago, I picked my daughter up at a friends house.. as I walked into the back yard I spotted a half pipe ramp. I literally grew up with a skateboard under my feet.. and got nailed many times for skating empty pools.
My eyes glazed over, brain shut down as I climbed the latter and borrowed a board...
I completely forgot I was there to pick up my daughter... I dropped in, hit the transition..traveled up over the coping, stuck the landing.. continued back up to the platform..
In my brain it was "EFFN NAILED IT!!".. my body and knees screamed "YOUR NOT 16 AS*HOLE"!!!!
My daugher was impressed as she had never known of my riding past..
A face plant off a ramp is no where as damaging as a asphalt shampoo
Nice one. Wish I could still skate but crash injuries have limited my abilities to just occasional longboard cruising.

Who's your favourite pro skater (past or present) by the way?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts