Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like many thought the Statement looked the part but seemed uncomfortable AND you lose the nice underpan with the Triumph badge.
So I went for the Brown ribbed seat and very nice it is too.
HOWEVER, I have only this week managed to actually see and sit on a Statement at my local dealer and I tell you what.... its very comfy. True it has nowhere near the padding of a "normal" seat but it suits me really fine for comfort (I am 5'7" and 94KG).
My next purchase involves black engine panels and black V&H exhaust, the brown statement seat will just PING nicely against this and my Ironstone tank, so I have ordered one.
I will miss the underpan but to be honest it still looks really good.
I originally thought the Statement would be like a Brooks bicycle seat but it does actually have padding (just not much).

Anyone else out there got experience of different seats?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
STATEMENT Seat is rock hard

But you only sat on the STATEMENT Seat at the dealer!
...I rode 60 miles on it and removed it immediately and sold it on eBay. Good riddance!

It looks great but it is the hardest crap seat I've ever owned. Triumph should be ashamed for pawning that junk onto us.

Plus, you can buy any chopper "BATES" style solo seat and it will fit and be WAY cheaper than $300.

Your ass will thank you for not buying the STATEMENT seat. It sucks:frown2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
...I rode 60 miles on it and removed it immediately and sold it on eBay. Good riddance!

It looks great but it is the hardest crap seat I've ever owned. Triumph should be ashamed for pawning that junk onto us.

Plus, you can buy any chopper "BATES" style solo seat and it will fit and be WAY cheaper than $300.

Couldn't have said it better. Made the stupid mistake of taking off on a 600 mile trip just after swapping original seat for statement seat. Boy was that a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eBay here I come ... LOL

I will keep my current Brown Piped seat just incase I join the ranks of the "sore arses".
Bottom Grapes FTW.....!!! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So do you like it then or not.....?? LOL

·
Registered
346 Posts
Those Brooks leather bicycle seats are super comfortable but do they do need to be broken in. I cant see the statement seat being the same, but who knows? They look good but I would sooner not take the risk with £300

·
Registered
70 Posts
Heh, I suppose Triumph do call it a "Statement Seat" - not a comfort seat. Once you've sat the seat for a bit you will have a 'statement' about it. :laugh:

One thing I noted today about the seat is just how easy it is to slide side to side on it whilst doing some twisty road. Carn't wait to try the seat on a track day. :smile2:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, I suppose Triumph do call it a "Statement Seat" - not a comfort seat. Once you've sat the seat for a bit you will have a 'statement' about it. :laugh:

One thing I noted today about the seat is just how easy it is to slide side to side on it whilst doing some twisty road. Carn't wait to try the seat on a track day. :smile2:

My fat arse will be sliding nowhere LOL:x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Perhaps Triumph need to offer a quick change seating fixture. If its an easy clip pull to remove a seat one could keep a selection available. From looks good, though feels bad - right through to looks like it came off a Fordson tractor, though is real comfortable with a cushin on it. :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a brown statement seat with the bike. I've now had the original black vinyl seat recovered in burgundy red leather - looks great and I find it more comfortable on a long run. So; if anyone is looking for a brown statement seat reply to this and I'll get in contact. I'm in southern England.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i too bought the black statement seat ,which is fine up to about 50 miles then your arse falls off. I have a nearly new black statement seat for sale and I also live n the south of England (Essex) so contact me if needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup I got the statement seat with my new bike and rode the bike for an hour or so, jeeze my arse was sore. Looks the dog's though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts