Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
High and welcome and hello to everyone , Ok so Junction 21a It would be good if you can shed a bit more light on living with the clip- ons,
Ive ordered a pair but not yet received them, do you find the ride position ok , I'm 5"8 so yet to know if I will manage the reach and yet to find out if the control is the same or as good as with the standard bars if you know what I mean ?

The air filters wow stupid money for what they are imo and sadly I think they detract from the look,The bobber isnt a street fighter.
but good on you for showing us how to save best part of half a grand lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cant really understand.

On ebay, nice 45 degree angled filters are $5

On the custom sites it is $555

Is it worth the difference?

Hi. At the time, I didn’t pay ANYTHING like $555 (they must of put the price up). But I did pay a premium compared to $6 lol.
You need to remember that I was an early adopter, and at the time (nearly a year ago) they were what I found that I liked. I still prefer the look of my option, but you need to justify it to yourself (and also consider the neat location of the integrated Air Temp Sensor). Regarding performance, I’d say there’s not much in it.

Although pricey, I would say their harness cover is worth considering, unless you can find an alternative or DIY.

In summary, I’d say the air box removal is one the biggest visual changes you make to the Bobber and considering what you paid for your bike, it’s up to you how much invest to make it look right.

Cheers, Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I understand where Steve Is coming from...But yeah imho $555 Is a huge rip off considering those $5 filters will look and do exactly the same job as the $555 ones .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I understand where Steve Is coming from...But yeah imho $555 Is a huge rip off considering those $5 filters will look and do exactly the same job as the $555 ones .

Hi. I don’t disagree with you; I won’t and didn’t pay that. I see they are on A&J Cycles for less than 555, but I’d still struggle to pay won’t they asking. My advice is get try the $6 ones (and maybe look to invest in the harness cover (or DIY it)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Once again the price is right if it fulfills the need and you can afford it. I am purchasing a set. I have tried several options. The problem is that the injector inlet is not made for this type of filter. The Sprint tend to fall off as the receptor tube is not long enough as it depends upon screws supporting and keeping in place the filter. Also the angle is better with this option. Everything customization on a bike can be very expensive, just look at great paint jobs. No one else has made a specific solution that holds the temp sensor and keeps the appropriate angle IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Good for you DOCGSS! And I can confirm the benefits you mention (including dedicated securing point). If he’s still there, have a word with [email protected] to see if he can help with the price. Cs

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought the waterproof A&J ones: https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/...er-kit-waterproof-triumph-bobber-speedmaster/
They also have the viba kit for a $100 less than the previous link.

Norway is wet. I absolutely need waterproof filters when they are exposed like that. Once I rode for two hours straight with a wake. That is also the reason why I might not bob or remove the rear fender even though it looks bad ass.

I was thinking that I might be able to buy the $5 filters and just take the plastic bend off and maybe just DIY it. Or, my brother is a plumber - so maybe he can pipe something for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Good for you buddy! Note. I used to have the triumph short mudguard (which is longer than the one in my picture) and when it was wet, so was my back lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im too old to ride with those clip ons, my back is fried. The best thing they have made so far is the ape bar kit. It made the bike a joy to ride. Lowering the seat bracket makes you sit deeper in bike and stretches your legs out little more. Does [email protected] make a air filter for the stock one? I painted my air covers and they look great.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Hi guys,

Flavjo here from TheArsenale. @Junction21a purchased the air filter from us and explained that there are many Triumph riders looking to remove their air boxes and replace them with something more elegant.

I got in touch with VIBA and lowered the price for the air filter; now we're going to send them to you for free and you're also getting a free T-shirt to be part of TheArsenale crew! As we speak, VIBA is developing a wire harness cover to protect the exposed wiring left after removing the airbox.

@flecter did this wiring harness ever happen? Any info on the lower pricing and shirt, or is this all old info?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Got an alternative

@flecter did this wiring harness ever happen? Any info on the lower pricing and shirt, or is this all old info?
Just saw another user posted this up and it looks like a great deal with the filters included letting you do the wiring harness cover, air injection removal, and pod filters with one purchase. Not quite that factory made look of the VIBA but the character looks good without a doubt.

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/e...r-aged_brown_leather/821-finition-satin_black

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

Flavjo here from TheArsenale. @Junction21a purchased the air filter from us and explained that there are many Triumph riders looking to remove their air boxes and replace them with something more elegant.

I got in touch with VIBA and lowered the price for the air filter; now we're going to send them to you for free and you're also getting a free T-shirt to be part of TheArsenale crew! As we speak, VIBA is developing a wire harness cover to protect the exposed wiring left after removing the airbox.
So are viba making a new air box wiring cover ?
Are you suppliers ?
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I am so sorry for the late response here. Work has been crazy for us.

VIBA ended up developing the wire kit and we sold out all of them here but I am constantly in touch with them to see when they are back.

Check out the cover here

I have updated the information above. The shirt is still part of the deal AFAIK, if you are in the US it is even easier for us to send it over because we have our physical store.
https://thearsenale.com/products/viba-wire-protection-kit?_pos=1&_sid=b9e82cbc6&_ss=r

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some images (I couldn't get them in my original post for some reason). Cheers.
Love the look of the Viba air kit. Question for you. Did you have the remove the plastic plate that sits about in the middle under seat and has an electrical connector mounted to it?

I have the same filters and they will not fit unless I first remove that plastic plate.

it looks as though this Viba setup might fit and clear the plate...along it to remain in place.

Let me if you can please.

thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts

So I have a 2018 Bobber Black.
This is my first bike and slowly making modifications.
I want to do the air box delete but just curious about the durability of the pods. They seem to be located right at your knee/thigh and easily bumped. A friend who is much more knowledgeable about these things was worried that it could be damaged and pull in dirt to the engine.
Anyone have any issues with the pods ? are they pretty durable ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2018 Bobber Black.
This is my first bike and slowly making modifications.
I want to do the air box delete but just curious about the durability of the pods. They seem to be located right at your knee/thigh and easily bumped. A friend who is much more knowledgeable about these things was worried that it could be damaged and pull in dirt to the engine.
Anyone have any issues with the pods ? are they pretty durable ?
If get small (mini) pods (just like those included in BaaK airbox delete kit) there is plenty of space between filters and your legs and touching or bumping them is not a concern. I don't even touch mine when pulling my knees to the tank.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts