Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling the bike out the garage today, the front forks seems to be pretty squeaky on the up and down motion. This normal for a bike with only a little over 1000 miles on it?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Mine also squeak.
Even after replacing the whole front setup with the Matris F15K´s, they still squeak!

·
Registered
363 Posts
My forks were also squeaking which I mentioned when I brought my bike in for my 500 mile service. They said they couldn't figure out what was really causing this (thought it was the springs, etc). They said it would be covered under warranty, if they need to replace the forks altogether. I'm waiting to hear back from them, as they put in the request for this warranty covered replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did some additional reading, and some folks on other forums stated that it was related to the gators/covers and to loosen them, put some WD40 down there and tighten back up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pulling the bike out the garage today, the front forks seems to be pretty squeaky on the up and down motion. This normal for a bike with only a little over 1000 miles on it?
My 2018 speed master has same problem. In for first service and mechanic took front end apart, says he has checked everything. Triumph Canada tells him “ it’s just the nature of the beast”? REALLY!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts