Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a sprung seat to my bike today. After that older style look. It is a bit more comfortable with an extra set of springs providing suspension, although I think the seat itself I have on at the moment is a bit small.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Might be just a tad smaller than Triumph’s Statement seat but, probably a whole lot more comfortable. Nice addition.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I added a sprung seat to my bike today. After that older style look. It is a bit more comfortable with an extra set of springs providing suspension, although I think the seat itself I have on at the moment is a bit small.
WOW!!! I have no problem saying that I want to copy you on this, haha. How did you go about it?

Is it as simple that I could make my quilted black seat sprung like this, or do I need a whole new setup?

Looks sweet, nice job!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments everyone. I really built this first version as a “proof of concept”.

To provide a mounting base for the springs I got two right angle brackets and attached them to the frame where the rear air box bolt goes. This provided a horizontal mount two connect the base of the springs to.

The springs are 4” tapered springs from 2fastmoto. They are the third set of springs I tried, as the first two were either too big or too small. Plus I think they look sexy in black.

The seat itself is just a cheapy from China via eBay. I wanted to try a different style on some decent rides before I spent a couple of hundred bucks on a decent seat. You could definitely use any seat, the stock seat pan might just require some extra holes drilled in to attach bolts to connect to the top of the springs.

I’ve attached the front of the seat to the existing side mounts.

Overall I really love the look and feel. I’m thinking I’ll get a slightly larger seat with some decent leather and foam, maybe from La Rosa, to complete the look and keep my arse happy.

I’ll add some more photos. It is difficult to get decent photos of the mounts because everything is black.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Again, looks so good. Wouldn't be at all surprised if a kit like this was eventually added to the genuine Triumph Bobber Inspiration catalogue.....well one should be. Or someone else will do the hard yards on a mod kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts