Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in my opinion at least..0:)

On and off I've been working on this project since last winter and I'm finally happy with it. The one element of the sprocket cover I did not like was the inspection cap. To me it looked too big and 'clunky'. Early this year I had it powder coated along with the mesh inset. I was thrilled with how the mesh inset came out but was never really happy with the inspection cap. Having it powder coated black was an improvement but to me it just looking out of place, so I set about 're-thinking' this whole area.

The idea I eventually settled on was to replace the inspection cap completely. To that end I got hold of TPS cover that matches those already fitted on my bike. I carefully cut & filed the piece at the bottom which 'wraps around'. I then placed this over the inspection hole, marked, drilled and tapped three holes to fit it in place.

The case has been powder coated gloss black. I refitted the previously powder coated wire inset, fitted the new 'TPS' inspection cover - with some nice black titanium bolts of course. And the whole case refitted (again with black/titanium bolt).

And there you have it.

I'm thrilled with this project and how it's turned out, it's clean, much smarter and if I may say so, looks pretty smart. And if I may be so bold, I think this is how Triumph should have done it in the first place.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. Now I just have to have fitted all my new powder coated engine cases, but that's for another post..:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys,

This was one of those projects that too a long time due to a number of various issues, not least working out how to solve the issue of replacing the inspection cap and in a way I felt looked professional. But I find if one looks at something long enough a solution eventually surfaces.

Overall I'm really thrilled how it turned out and can't wait to get to my other projects but patience is the key.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is amazing! I wish I had time to study my Bobber as you do, and I look at it all the time. What a brilliant idea, I will have to copy you on that mod. Keep up with it, you have a talented eye for this sort of thing. You really need to be a styling advisor for Triumph.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is amazing! I wish I had time to study my Bobber as you do, and I look at it all the time. What a brilliant idea, I will have to copy you on that mod. Keep up with it, you have a talented eye for this sort of thing. You really need to be a styling advisor for Triumph.
Thanks mate,

I'm still waiting for that call from Triumph...:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I'll concur with everyone else, it looks awesome Roy. It's a shame though there's no way of exposing the sprocket and chain as I've always thought that looks cool but sadly that's not possible without relocation of all manner of bits and bobs and where would it go? This is the next best thing though, top work!!! ?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
mucking about whilst the pubs are shut ...going down this road View attachment 42554
That is amazing!!! I'm a bit of a chillihead so if you manage to make one...make 2 and I'll throw a load of cash at you for it. ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts