Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed the sprint pod filters I got from A&J last night. They look pretty good IMO!(sorry about the messy barn)

One installation note for anyone thinking of these is that you have to take the little plastic bracket off between the two throttle bodies. THIS IS A MF'er... I could not get the one screw out because there's not enough clearance to get the short end of the allen key in there. I ended up cutting the bracket it off with my dremel after fiddling with it for an hour or so. I used the screw as a mounting point for the connector that's hooked to the bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you want to get the rest of that plastic mount out one day.

Undo the two band clamps that hold the throttle bodies to the cylinder heads and you can remove them (sort of roll them down and they pop out of the rubbers) then you can move them back and forth enough, with out removing the harnesses, to get at those screws.

I did mine this way (after fighting for a half hour or so, to start with, to try and get the screws out :rolleyes:) and it only added about 15 minutes of extra fitting time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It does look good. I got these on Amazon. Probably not as high quality as the Spirits (uses foam, but fits Honda engines so should filter just fine). I've put 1,000 trouble free miles on them.

I like them because they are small, and oval shaped. They did not need me to remove or modify the brackets. I used the left side bracket and screw to hold the temp sensor.

I found them recently in black, but I like the red. I get compliments on the pods.

Attachments

·
Vendor
449 Posts
installed the sprint pod filters I got from A&J last night. They look pretty good IMO!(sorry about the messy barn)

One installation note for anyone thinking of these is that you have to take the little plastic bracket off between the two throttle bodies. THIS IS A MF'er... I could not get the one screw out because there's not enough clearance to get the short end of the allen key in there. I ended up cutting the bracket it off with my dremel after fiddling with it for an hour or so. I used the screw as a mounting point for the connector that's hooked to the bracket.
They look great, we usually just remove the throttle bodies from the intake boots and slide them out a wee bit to get that bolt out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look great, we usually just remove the throttle bodies from the intake boots and slide them out a wee bit to get that bolt out.
yeah that makes sense now, I was angry at that **** bolt and let brute force and ignorance take over! oh well I don't see my self going back to the stock air boxes anytime so I don't need the bracket anyway :grin2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
It does look good. I got these on Amazon. Probably not as high quality as the Spirits (uses foam, but fits Honda engines so should filter just fine). I've put 1,000 trouble free miles on them.

I like them because they are small, and oval shaped. They did not need me to remove or modify the brackets. I used the left side bracket and screw to hold the temp sensor.

I found them recently in black, but I like the red. I get compliments on the pods.
Hey davidrb can I see how you used the left side bracket and screw to hold the temp sensors please.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble accessing A&J's website? I'm just getting a message "Error establishing a database connection"
I need to buy unnecessary add ons for the Bobber dammit!

·
Registered
199 Posts

I got the same ones I believe. They are a fraction of the cost of the kits.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Would there be any benefit to using rain covers one the sprint filters.? They resist water, but I thought maybe if stuck in a heavy rain, the covers might add some extra protection.
Or would rain covers be pointless?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IMO, the filters are under you and the tank/seat. I guess if you left it sit in the rain it would help keep the filters from soaking up water

·
Registered
90 Posts
How much would you guys say the pods increase the intake noise? I'm looking for max intake noise! Love it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts