Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some minor repairs done at my dealer here in Chiang Mai when i saw this in their service dept, a Harley springer fitted to the Bobber with a i think is a 21" front tire, I will try to get more information when i go back, also look forward to the finished bike!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Looking forward to pics.

I have always love the retro look of a springer front end. Although having ridden a HD Springer over 3,000 miles cost to coat here in the US, I can attest that it's not the best ride in the world. However it wouldn't stop me getting one..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
BEGIT!!!!......which is the sound I make when up-chucking. Just my opinion, complete with internal fluids...

Actually, its the rim/tire size that I dislike...the susp is interesting and a bit cool looking....but...the rim...and tire....and, the rim....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These were taken during their grand opening of the new dealership they threw a big party thats why the people in the picture. couple things i noticed right off the bat were the seat angle and frame height, the seat angle looks off to me and the Springer raises the front what looks about 6" i would be curious about the handling dynamics of that springer. I had to leave my bike there that night due to it getting buried in the parking lot hahaha and i didnt want to stay until midnight when the party broke, so i will get some better pictures today or tomorrow

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think the rims of those kineos just look sooo wrong, and I have never ridden a springer front end that I would rush back to suffer again.
If I were to do it, it would be with old fashioned British style front end, not something that looks like it was left over from breaking an unwanted harley chopper.
But as I have said before to each his own.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’ve never ridden a springer front end bike. But I DO think it looks pretty cool on the Bobber and you certainly won’t see many about.
And it’s always a pleasure to see other members unique mods.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I think I showed this before.

But here is a mockup I did some time ago for fun, adding a Brough front end to a Bobber. I love the vintage look. If I had the spare funds for another Bobber I would love to create a 1930's style bike.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here are a few more pictures
Meh, each to their own - with bikes I've always thought that if it makes you happy then do it. There's loads of bikes out there that are very popular that I can't stand and any number I have a soft spot for that don't get any love.

Personally, I like the springer/girder look and I think this one works pretty well but not a huge fan of the wheel as it looks a bit overwhelmed by the stoutness of the rest of the bike but will reserve judgement until the finished bike can be seen it might all gel in the end, there's a chop/bob crossover vibe that I can't quite get my head round. I can't vouch for riding a springer myself so for me it's just an appearance thing and for now the jury is out.

Keep the thread going though, I want to see the end result.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts