Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I purchased and fitted a pair of running/spot lights to my bike. I don't do a great deal of night riding but this evening (photo is from last week) I came through 18 miles of mountain roads in the dark and was thrilled with the difference these made. You really notice it when you can switch to high beam, the whole road (left and right) is just lit up with a bright white light. Really please I fitted them, despite the cost.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Those look really bright, Roy. Sweet!

I rode home in the dark for the first time about 2 weeks ago and was blown away by how bright my JW Speaker/Motodemic adaptive LED headlight was. It was also amazing to experience the adaptive LEDs when going around corners. Simply fantastic, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Roy,

Would you please post a link to where you purchased your spot light setup.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Last winter I purchased and fitted a pair of running/spot lights to my bike. I don't do a great deal of night riding but this evening (photo is from last week) I came through 18 miles of mountain roads in the dark and was thrilled with the difference these made. You really notice it when you can switch to high beam, the whole road (left and right) is just lit up with a bright white light. Really please I fitted them, despite the cost.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So one light was $289? :surprise: But they look so darn cool! I don't ride much (any) at night but I would just love to have them on my Bobber.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Roy, How do you activate the light? Is there a separate switch for it or is it connected to the original headlight switch?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi @PinasBobber17,

Good question. I actually have them wired up to my headlight. This means they both work along with the headlight on low and high beam. So no extra switching at all.

Hope that makes sense?

As an aside; I intend (when I get around to it) my intention is to have brackets welded to my dresser bars and run the wiring inside the bars in order to have a more professional and cleaner job. But that's for the future.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the wattage of the bulb? Is it led? Or if not, do you think it can be replaced with an led bulb?
Hi,

They don't come with LED bulb but on fitting them I recall I sought advice from the manufacturers and did indeed replace the bulbs with LED. I also at that time purchased a spare set. These are in my toolbox in my Jeep which blew a water pump the other day so it at the garage. Once I get it back later in the week, I will pull my spare LED bulbs out and share details.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You do all these cool mods and still find time to ride. Amazing. :grin2:
The funny thing is when out riding one of the things I like to do most is as I'm relaxing going down the road think about my bike and how I can make it just that little bit better.:smile2:

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts