Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
well, that's the added price you have to pay to having the nice spoked wheels. (not to mention also the hassle of cleaning them too!)

i went through and checked the tension on my spokes a little while ago and found a few to be very loose in comparison to the others. (made sure i followed the correct order - every fourth spoke) i kind of used the tapping and listened to the tone method. been meaning to eventually getting a nice torque spoke tool so next time i can be more accurate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another maintenance tip on spokes I learned from my old man. Easiest way to keep spokes clean after washing your bike - get a leather strap and wrap around the spoke one time and pull each end back and forth as you work the spoke up and down. This will keep em glistening for years!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question what is the spoke torque setting. Looking through Haynes manual it has for the Bobber; steel spoke, 19 x 2.5 inch front, 16 x 3.5 inch rear. Under routine maintenance tells you to do the tap test and then use 6 mm open ended spanner or spoke adjuster. I would like to torque to spec then do tap test. Just need torque spec for spoke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts