Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just have to measure spoke thickness then make a eBay purchase
I?m thinking black and luminous green :-0 !!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Other than than the video guy, who drove me nuts and turned a 2 min video into a small movie, I think it's a bad idea. Moisture is getting in and being trapped, rotting your spoke from the inside. Have fun flying down the road as your spokes start self destructing.

But, hey, they look cool. Right?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Other than than the video guy, who drove me nuts and turned a 2 min video into a small movie, I think it's a bad idea. Moisture is getting in and being trapped, rotting your spoke from the inside. Have fun flying down the road as your spokes start self destructing.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like in a year they will be a rusty mess.

·
Registered
138 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like in a year they will be a rusty mess.

I guess if your the fit and forget kind of guys and you ride in the rain then yeah you might find yourself flintstoning it Home one day !!
But I was thinking more from a easier way of keeping them clean.
Everything needs regular maintenance and I think black looks sweeeeet !!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I dunno, clean then ACF50 the spokes then fit the covers, the ACF does not evaporate and should keep the moisture out. (not that i'm going to try it)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I guess if your the fit and forget kind of guys and you ride in the rain then yeah you might find yourself flintstoning it Home one day !!
But I was thinking more from a easier way of keeping them clean.
Everything needs regular maintenance and I think black looks sweeeeet !!
I dunno, clean then ACF50 the spokes then fit the covers, the ACF does not evaporate and should keep the moisture out. (not that i'm going to try it)

I'm all for anything you boys want to do to your scoots. I am just pointing out the things to be wary of. More power, ride on.

(BTW, I loved the Flinstoning it home remark. Will have to use that ;) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts