Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's the fact that I'm relatively light 72kg or that I used to own a HD48 with one of the worst seats ever to grace a motorcycle and stock suspension that just didn't work that I have no issues with the comfort on the Bobber. Would I want to do 500miles in a day on it...no it's a bobber not a GS! But IMHO I think for bobbing around on, for short to medium runs it's perfect. But I know there are a lot people on here who find the bobber uncomfortable and dream of a sprung seat, and for them I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took of a pre-production bobber from the Triumph factory museum. Enjoy :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm 70kg and had the quilted seat on my BB from new so never tried the stock seat. However, my issue wasn't the seat but the way the rear suspension so easily bottomed out which can't be good for it or the bike over time. Plus gave a **** of a jolt to my lower back. Found it fine on good roads but bumps not so good. Since fitting the Fox Shock it hasn't bottomed out once. I put the Corbin on because I like the style and it is certainly comfortable.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 70kg and had the quilted seat on my BB from new so never tried the stock seat. However, my issue wasn't the seat but the way the rear suspension so easily bottomed out which can't be good for it or the bike over time. Plus gave a **** of a jolt to my lower back. Found it fine on good roads but bumps not so good. Since fitting the Fox Shock it hasn't bottomed out once. I put the Corbin on because I like the style and it is certainly comfortable.
Hey Freddy, comfort on a motorbike is such a personal thing, one man's armchair is another man's torture rack! We're all different, you've just got to find out what works for you and roads you ride. I once met Nick Sanders (the high-speed round the world adventurer) who used to do a 1000miles a day on an R1! >:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, very true. I really like the Corbin seat as it has a deep well and raised back so keeps me in place nicely. Others I know would not like that as prefer to be able to move more in the seat.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Std seat with my padded buttocks is fine for as long as my back can take the ride so i'm good with triumph Vinyl :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe it's the fact that I'm relatively light 72kg or that I used to own a HD48 with one of the worst seats ever to grace a motorcycle and stock suspension that just didn't work that I have no issues with the comfort on the Bobber. Would I want to do 500miles in a day on it...no it's a bobber not a GS! But IMHO I think for bobbing around on, for short to medium runs it's perfect. But I know there are a lot people on here who find the bobber uncomfortable and dream of a sprung seat, and for them I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took of a pre-production bobber from the Triumph factory museum. Enjoy :grin2:

That seat Is very very do able . :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts