Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked the look of beach bars and to me they're in keeping with the early post-war look. The new speedmaster bars look great and I'm wondering if they'd work as a direct replacement for my bobber. I wouldn't be looking to change to forward controls and I find that the current bars cause me to hunch forwards somewhat so I'm wondering if these would work when they become available. What do you guys think - would they bolt straight on, would the cables need replacing and would the pull-back of the bars bring them too close to my body?? Anyone any thoughts or anyone tried something similar? Cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Cool looking bars.
Such a shame that Triumph don´t (internally) hide those big black cables held on by the 4 rubber bands.
The cables would probably have to be a touch longer (to allow full steering lock), but of course thats just speculation until i can actually compare one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cool looking bars.
Such a shame that Triumph don´t (internally) hide those big black cables held on by the 4 rubber bands
Preach it, I said this the first moment I saw the Bobbers.
They did such a great job of hiding the rest of the wiring on the bikes frame etc. But the front harness on the bars looks like they ran out of initiative or funding and said screw it, just throw those big black bands on there and be done with it.

IMO hiding the wiring harness in the bars ( not the clutch and brake lines) would have really stepped the bikes up a notch in quality. And let's face it, Triumph's getting a premium dollar for the bikes, especially the new Black and Speedmaster.

This is something I'll give a serious look at when I get the Speedmaster in my garage.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Another member painted/powder coated his stock bars black, which really helped camouflage the wiring.

As for the bars noted by the OP, did it, just not in chrome.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Another member painted/powder coated his stock bars black, which really helped camouflage the wiring.

As for the bars noted by the OP, did it, just not in chrome.
I was going to paint/powder coat my original bar. But now i think its a better idea just to buy a Bobber Black bar and keep my stocker in case i ever want to go back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I sat on a speedy with beach bars on, I found them really uncomfortable, forcing your wrists to turn outwards,
a definite no no for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts