Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I got to sit on the 2018 Speedmaster at Motorcycle Live last week. First impressions - the seats bigger, the beach bars work well with the forward controls, and that fat tired chunky front end is bang on trend. Undoubtedly it will be more comfortable and with the bigger tank and pillion subframe, more practical than the Bobber.

Am I tempted? No, I’m more than happy with the original and even thinking about a statement seat! The Bobber is definitely a case of less is more. :wink2:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am really glad i went with the statement seat.
Once i got used to it - i found it really supportive/comfy and i won´t be going back to the standard one.
I agree. The statement seat is exactly that for me.
However, I also like that I can quickly change to the original/ribbed seat if I choose to go on a really long tour, because with the statement, after a few hundred kilometres in one go, my arse hurts a little and my important bits go numb!:surprise:

I definately prefer the statement seat for everything else though.:wink2:

cheers!
mike

sorry for going a little off-topic.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Any word on the release date for these? Not looking for one as I love my bobber but looking to put the forward controls from them on my bobber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any word on the release date for these? Not looking for one as I love my bobber but looking to put the forward controls from them on my bobber.

February or early March is what we are being told. I have this growing suspicion it could be later.
I hope that's not the case as I placed a deposit on the black and white in late October

·
Registered
360 Posts
When I was at the Triumph Factory Visitors thing in Hinckley last week, I had a long chat with the gentleman at the reception.
He told me that he was looking forward to his new Bobber Black, and that he would be ordering the new forward footrests, that will be put into the Bobber accessories catalogue very soon. So you shouldn't need to order the ones from the new Speedmaster as Triumph are already catering for those Bobber owners who would like to put their feet out front.

I mentioned this forum to him a couple of times... He then said with a winking of his eye; "they (the research engineers) do read this forum too, among other things on the www"
:wink2:

Cheers!
mike

Reactions: eisen77

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sweet I’m glad that will come out before the bike so I don’t have to wait for the other bike to come out. Great news!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looks like the forward foot controls and chrome Vance and Hines are options on the bobber black configuration page :) unfortunately can’t order any of it until the bike is actually released. :(

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Looks like the forward foot controls and chrome Vance and Hines are options on the bobber black configuration page :) unfortunately can’t order any of it until the bike is actually released. :(
Did Wunderkind ship out your forward foot controls yet?
My stuff was sent out yesterday and will be here early next week. Though i am slightly closer on this side of the pond...:nerd:

·
Registered
370 Posts
What did you order?

But yea they shipped it out in under 24 hours I was impressed haha.

They sent me this but i don’t speak German no idea what it means but looks good. They gave me a tracking number as well but it isn’t recognized with any shipping company.

·
Registered
459 Posts
çà dit que le 17 janvier à 18h.06mn. 37s
le colis:

die Sendung wird ins zielland transportiert und dort ab die zustellorganisation übergeben
=
the consignment is transported to the destination country and handed over to the delivery organization

zu Sendung = broadcast / delivery
auslandische = foreign
Verfolgung = tracking

(sorry but I translate German into my language and then try to translate as well as possible in English).

it's funny, the parcel left Lahr. it's 50 km from my house ...
all seem OK.
from Lahr to Rodgau (corresponds to Frankfurt Airport)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry so it’s already on a plane coming to the Usa or it’s en route to the German airport?

There’s no eta is there?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts