Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Under the chain, there's a bracket which looks to have been intended for a cylindrical item, may have been made superfluous in the final build design. Seems to serve no practical purpose, anyone have thoughts on it's function.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
You seem to be missing something... I certainly have something there but not sure what it is, it’s a black cylinder with a rubber pipe come out of it, maybe someone else can shed more light

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You seem to be missing something... I certainly have something there but not sure what it is, it’s a black cylinder with a rubber pipe come out of it, maybe someone else can shed more light
OK, well this sound more like some type of pollution control device, oil breather tank? Mine is not EU compliant, Australian models do not usually have these gizmos installed. By comparison, my 1999 Buell did not have the tank, however California registered bikes did have a catch tank mounted on the frame. Possibly the same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, well this sound more like some type of pollution control device, oil breather tank? Mine is not EU compliant, Australian models do not usually have these gizmos installed. By comparison, my 1999 Buell did not have the tank, however California registered bikes did have a catch tank mounted on the frame. Possibly the same thing.

You’re right - the bracket is indeed for the evaporative charcoal canister.

Some reading on the topic: https://motoadventurer.com/2018/03/16/triumph-scrambler-project-removing-the-california-evaporative-loss-control-system/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts