Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home I ran into a guy on a Ninja ZX-10R on a road with tight sweepers. He was in full leathers (? 88 degrees in Savannah today, sociopath). I tried keeping up with him and ran into serious lean angle issues, leaving a trail of sparks behind me and heading to lift my foot of the peg as it folded back, like a supermoto rider. The good news: Stock Cobra tires have excellent grip. The bad news: The footpegs grind down quickly.

Also, trying to make a wheelie vid and I can't figure out how to stop the electronic nanny from killing my efforts. The bike is perfectly capable of holding a wheelie if electronics can be defeated. Any ideas on how to do that?

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Take it easy till you find the slipping point on the Bobber with TCS off, its a damned sight sooner than you think it will be. Scared the jebus out of me when i flipped it off for a run to the tyre shop for a new rear.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On the way home I ran into a guy on a Ninja ZX-10R on a road with tight sweepers. He was in full leathers (? 88 degrees in Savannah today, sociopath). I tried keeping up with him and ran into serious lean angle issues, leaving a trail of sparks behind me and heading to lift my foot of the peg as it folded back, like a supermoto rider. The good news: Stock Cobra tires have excellent grip. The bad news: The footpegs grind down quickly.

Also, trying to make a wheelie vid and I can't figure out how to stop the electronic nanny from killing my efforts. The bike is perfectly capable of holding a wheelie if electronics can be defeated. Any ideas on how to do that?

Good on you, Rathead for giving it a go but I hope your wheelie attempt is in a straight run so the pu$$y bumpers don't come into play :wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts