Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks I've been running back and forth to a local (V-Twin) custom shop for various projects and although I can get there via the direct route (around 20mins) I always take the long way around and take over an hour (sometime two :grin2: ) to get a beautiful country morning ride in.

I must confess I'm constantly impressed with how smooth this bike runs. As I'm cruising down these country roads in the morning sun at 50/60, the engine just runs as smooth as silk. Triumph really nailed this engine design. It feels like a true 21st century incarnation of the original 1930's iconic twin.

Anyone just LOVE listening to this thing run?

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Totally agree. Even stock, it has a nice growl but, not Harleyesque. Certainly better than my Indian Scout, which sounds reasonable at speed but, sometimes only better than a sewing machine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the US spec V&H silencers, so it has a nice growl when cracking open the throttle for the jump to light speed, but looking forward to ordering and installing the x-pipe!

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running the Shark Retros and most confess I'm really thrilled with them.

That have a pleasing growl when rolling on the throttle but are as smooth as quality chocolate when cruising along. There is an option to remove the baffle for more noise if desired but I've left it in.

I've had some grand bikes in my time, smooth fours, loud v-twins etc. but the Triumph twin (for me at least) seems to straddle that sweet spot between between the two - just beautiful..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts