Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
". . .will keep the oil off my back a bit more."

Ahhhh. . . I removed my OEM chain guard months ago and I have not noticed any chain oil or debris landing on my back (or any where else on my person) when riding. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't care much for the stock design either, with all the gold chains you figure someone would release one to showcase them a little more, this seems like a step in the right direction to me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
". . .will keep the oil off my back a bit more."

Ahhhh. . . I removed my OEM chain guard months ago and I have not noticed any chain oil or debris landing on my back (or any where else on my person) when riding. :unsure:
I definitely wouldn't make it up mate

Where are you going here ? Bizarre comment

·
Registered
113 Posts
I definitely wouldn't make it up mate

Where are you going here ? Bizarre comment
Not bizarre to me. As I mentioned, I removed my OEM chain guard and haven't looked back. In fact, I sometimes found myself wondering why Triumph installed one on the "bobber" in the first place. There are several (to possibly many) forum members who have removed theirs. REGARDLESS, you are the first forum member that I have read who indicated that oil and debris from the chain sometimes gets deposited on their back during riding.

I meant no offense. Although I use wax grease on my own bike's chain. . . you now have me wondering whether it was a wise move to remove my bike's chain guard.

Cheers,
~Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts