Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching what everyone else was doing and A&J now carrying a really nice looking DF indicator from Kellerman I made the investment and changed it out. What I used was New Rage License Plate Holder, Outpost Indicator Brackets, and DF Kellerman (Kuryakan) indicators...all purchased from A&J. I wasn't looking forward to dropping the rear wheel so using this setup I didn't have to

20190909_174341 by downwardvd, on Flickr

Just enough room to get these screws out, and yes they do have alot of locktite on them

20190909_174327 by downwardvd, on Flickr

Once you remove it an undo the connectors there isn't that much room to work with but it is enough...I used all the original connectors by cutting them off of the original lights and splicing them on the new indicators

20190910_161059 by downwardvd, on Flickr

Here's what it looks like when finished

20190910_182834 by downwardvd, on Flickr

20190910_182851 by downwardvd, on Flickr

20190910_183304 by downwardvd, on Flickr

·
Registered
358 Posts
very nice and clean! most of these types of setups i've seen have usually been with the short fender. i prefer keeping the classic full fender on my bike and really like how your mod turned out. did you by chance change out the front indicators to match the new rear ones?

·
Registered
712 Posts
WOW. After countless months of hype about engineered solutions "coming soon" from companies like Motone and others, the cleanest and best looking Triumph Bobber tail tidy I've seen to date comes from an industrious Do-It-Yourself guy!

Plus it retains the classic factory fender for weird people like me who don't like mud on their backs and helmet. Best of all, it has tail/brake lights that aren't dangerously small or positioned so far forward that you only see one of them if you're not straight behind the bike.

Jim, I salute you!

Please provide more pics so we can see more details. For example, could you remove the plate and take a good close-up pic please?

Thank you,

GPz/Gary

·
Registered
712 Posts
So apparently the two outermost lights act as running lights, brake lights and turn signals and the middle one serves only to illuminate the licence plate, correct?

Did all the purchased parts come from A&J Cycles? If so, they should sell it as a kit!

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So apparently the two outermost lights act as running lights, brake lights and turn signals and the middle one serves only to illuminate the licence plate, correct?

Did all the purchased parts come from A&J Cycles? If so, they should sell it as a kit!

-GPz/Gary

Yes, all parts came from the best aftermarket supplier....A&J....these guys truly are great...and I have no affiliation with them just many purchases.
Your description is accurate and the thing that really sold me on these were the red circle running lights...classic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome job - Thanks for posting this -
I've been looking at
turn signal options since I bought my Bobber, I've found 'Em!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Once you remove it an undo the connectors there isn't that much room to work with but it is enough...I used all the original connectors by cutting them off of the original lights and splicing them on the new indicators
Nice job Jim. :smile2:

How did you go on re-wiring the DF (duel function) lights?

Presumably you had to take the separate runing/brake wires and combine them with the indicators using the stock connectors?

·
Registered
674 Posts
After watching what everyone else was doing and A&J now carrying a really nice looking DF indicator from Kellerman I made the investment and changed it out. What I used was New Rage License Plate Holder, Outpost Indicator Brackets, and DF Kellerman (Kuryakan) indicators...all purchased from A&J. I wasn't looking forward to dropping the rear wheel so using this setup I didn't have to

I just undid the mudguard stays, it gives plenty of room to get the screws in and out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts