Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front disc is slightly bent, so it makes the caliper move back and forth when driving. When driving slow it makes a irritating noice, the bike has only done a few hours on the road.

Any one else had this problem? I belive I will have to replace the disc, question is if there is a better disc and caliper out there to consider.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I have installed the FreeSpirits brake kit upgrade.
The brakes (i feel) bite slightly stronger now and seem to have more power. They also have more fade resistance. Noticable, but by no means mind-blowing. It is STILL a heavy bike with a single disc (and a small caliper). Saying that, with 4 fingers and using the rear brake as well, the bike stops just fine.

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/triumph/news/triumph-street-twin-cup-scrambler-bobber-t100-2016-up-up-grade-floating-front-brake-rotor-kit.html

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
If your disc came bent from the factory, shouldn´t it be replaced under warranty??
Take it to your dealer and complain (bitterly)!!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
The front disc is slightly bent, so it makes the caliper move back and forth when driving. When driving slow it makes a irritating noice, the bike has only done a few hours on the road.

Any one else had this problem? I belive I will have to replace the disc, question is if there is a better disc and caliper out there to consider.
Odd. Would this be covered under the warranty? I get a little "ssttttttt....sttttttttt.....sstttttt...." sound from the front end of my bike at super slow speeds. Doesn't really bother me. Break functions properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triumph said to the dealer that they had to measure the offset in the break disc to get it on the warranty. So I just did that and it was much more severe than I anticipated, so 1,1mm difference from side to side. May not sound that much but when I spinn the wheel and video recorded it I decided not to use the bike until I got the disc replaced, it has done 200 km so not very impressed over the quality so far.. So hopefully I will get a new disc soon and replace it and get back on the road, I have a Harley D I can use as replacement..

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Triumph said to the dealer that they had to measure the offset in the break disc to get it on the warranty. So I just did that and it was much more severe than I anticipated, so 1,1mm difference from side to side. May not sound that much but when I spinn the wheel and video recorded it I decided not to use the bike until I got the disc replaced, it has done 200 km so not very impressed over the quality so far.. So hopefully I will get a new disc soon and replace it and get back on the road, I have a Harley D I can use as replacement..
I read on another forum that noisy brakes are commonplace on the new Bonneville bikes.
But your case seems to be something totally new and I´m sorry you had such a bad first experience with your Bobber.
I hope its solved quickly & professionally by your dealer !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Out for a ride weekend before last and I suffered a warped front disk, stopped off at the dealer on my way home and they confirmed that this was the case.
The bike is going into have a fox shock fitted on the 13th (that's another story in itself) and so they will deal with it then.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Once Triumph replaces it, all should be alright. I mean, I wouldn't necessarily upgrade when you could get a new replacement for free and then later on upgrade when these run out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news :grin2:Triumph has accepted the claim and will send me a new replacement break disc. I will have to replace it my self since the dealer is 6 hours drive from here. But that should be a quick fix. Will try and share the video link from Vimeo, not sure if this will work.https://vimeo.com/216876285

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New disc installed and back on the road again.. New disc " Made in Thailand" may you last longer than a few hours this time.:smile2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts