Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the sleeper pros from BC? I heard they offer a different kind of sound then the slash cut or straight pipes.. Just looking for a video off them.

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had them on my T100 and loved the sound and look. I’m picking up my new Bobber Black from the dealer this Friday and should have a set of Sleeper Pro’s installed by next week. I’ll post a video of them once they’re installed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone install the sleeper pros from BC? I heard they offer a different kind of sound then the slash cut or straight pipes.. Just looking for a video off them.

Thanks

I got them last year when they where on sale after thanksgiving. These and a x-pipe. The sound is deep, but not too loud. Getting a booster plug to remove occasional backfires during deceleration along with smoother throttling in lower gears. Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got them last year when they where on sale after thanksgiving.
Did you need to purchase a set of exhaust seals for installation with your Sleeper Pro's?

Perhaps it's specific to the T120, but in the video, Stuart states that you need to purchase a set of replacement “graphite exhaust seals” because the original seals couldn’t be removed from the original exhaust in-tact. There's no reference to this on British Custom's site. Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have them and really like them. IMO, they are the best looking pipes for the bobber, kind of old school looking. The stainless finish matches the head pipes really well. They are straight through but with the expansion chamber they are not obnoxious loud, they just add a deeper sound with a little more volume. But, I'm still running the cat crossover.

No seal is needed on the bobber.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks @Bikerdib. I concur with your opinion. That's why I put them on my T100. That's good news about not needing the seal. I didn't think so, but the video surprised me and I didn't want to be disappointed during the install to find out that I'm missing a part. Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you need to purchase a set of exhaust seals for installation with your Sleeper Pro's?

Perhaps it's specific to the T120, but in the video, Stuart states that you need to purchase a set of replacement “graphite exhaust seals” because the original seals couldn’t be removed from the original exhaust in-tact. There's no reference to this on British Custom's site. Thanks.

I recall reading something about this, however nothing specific to the Bobber. I didn’t notice anything abnormal when I installed them and everything seemed to fit fine as is. If something was missing it wasn’t obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts