Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially planned on bringing my bike to the dealer for the 500 mile services, but at the cost of $350 at all my local dealers, I’m thinking otherwise. I’m going to buy my own oil and filter and have it done at my local shop. Is there a way to turn off the service light manually? Is there anything else I need to mention to the mechanic to check while it’s there? Thx

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you skip the stealership, you will find warranty claims (apart from recalls) very hard to get past Triumph.

I hate the prices this side of the pond too but I just had the steering head bearings and front wheel bearings replaced under warranty (hard commuting over pothole infested London roads), that was 5 hours of mechanic time so call it £450 plus parts plus 20% vat on top! (oh and 3 clutch cables - bobber black guide swapped on the 2nd new cable and 2 sets of heated grips).

Technically in the Uk it only has to be serviced by a 'competent person' to keep the warranty valid but Triumph's opinion of competent basically revolves round a dealer (Might get off with an ex dealer triumph trained mechanic but I'm not going to risk it till 2 years are up).

To reset the service lamp, pick up a 'Dealertool' (you pay per bike you want to use it on).

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree with Ethariel. Ridiculous prices but during the warranty period it could well end up being a false economy should something fail. I just swallow it on any new vehicle for the warranty period.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did my own first service , I wasnt going to pay $240 for 20 minuets work when Its so easy to do It yourself . The dealership turned my service light off foc .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just remember to keep all your receipts for the oil and filter and any other maintenance item you buy as proof of service incase you do have a warranty issue, also document the date and mileage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts