Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was thinking of this same idea, this way you are not limited to just what is currently available made for the bobber....ok, where can I get a set?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Cut them off your stock mufflers? If some one is selling these separately then I would like to know also. They would be a big seller for sure!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could get a batch made up, but postage from UK is quite expensive.
Probably better if I do a quick measure up & post details, the main bend is a stock item from pipe guys, so this is a pretty cheap item.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I could get a batch made up, but postage from UK is quite expensive.
Probably better if I do a quick measure up & post details, the main bend is a stock item from pipe guys, so this is a pretty cheap item.
any update on the dimensions? this is a great idea!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
38mm SS 90 degree mandrel bend like 90 degree 1.5" 38mm Exhaust Mandrel Bend T304 Stainless steel Elbow Manifold | eBay

Cut down to 100mm x 200mm external overall, with a 34.5mm spigot pipe inserted in the 100mm end with 40mm length remaining out, this is the piece that fits into the cat/decat outlet
The 34.5mm was 35mm reduced by the people that supplied me the bends they will cut to size & weld them in for you if you ask. 38mm (1 1/2") 90 degree t304 stainless exhaust mandrel bend tube pipe bend | eBay

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have any pics of your bike with the different slipons installed? It seems all the aftermarket slip-ons are chrome or black and I'm not sure how that will look?

I've been thinking that a custom mandrel pipe bending shop can basically duplicate the BC dragpipes for about 1/3 of the cost so I might go that route.

thanks for your dimensions

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts