Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browsing the Triumph configurator and noticed the side mounted number plate is no longer available as an option! Is this temporary or have Triumph removed it completely?
I’m not particularly worried as I have it anyway and have reverted back to the plate mounting off the rear mudguard. Maybe I’ll put mine on eBay!
Just wondering why Triumph have removed it from the configurator.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Must be an EU law thing.

The SIDE MOUNTED NUMBER PLATE
PART NUMBER A9750730 still appears on the USA Triumph config page.

Doesn´t really make a difference to anyone, as third party manufacturers also make side mounted plate kits (e.g Wunderkind and BikeBros...)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just browsing the Triumph configurator and noticed the side mounted number plate is no longer available as an option! Is this temporary or have Triumph removed it completely?
I’m not particularly worried as I have it anyway and have reverted back to the plate mounting off the rear mudguard. Maybe I’ll put mine on eBay!
Just wondering why Triumph have removed it from the configurator.
Unless I’m missing something (on Triumph's UK website) it looks like the short rear mudguard and US tail lights have gone too! :surprise:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could it be a stock issue? I checked another parts place that I use and although it has them as US only, it says they're out of stock. I've emailed World of Triumph as well to see what the score is.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The abomination is that lump of angle iron that stops you filtering :p

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
What is "filtering"? I think they do that in California. :|
It's when you 'filter' between lines of traffic. In the UK you often see this at traffic lights, so the bikes can get to the front. It's a great way of easing congestion and is a benefit of having a bike or scooter.

I'm pretty sure we can't do this in the US as one has to 'sit' in line along with all the cars. Happy to be corrected.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
147 Posts
World of Triumph said that they're not sure why it isn't listed on their website at the moment. They're going to have a look into it, but having looked at a few places now, I think its likely to be a stock issue.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's when you 'filter' between lines of traffic. In the UK you often see this at traffic lights, so the bikes can get to the front.
Roy

It is illegal in Germany but as long as you do not overdo it the rozzers do not seem to bother. I am commuting into Frankfurt every morning a 25 km ride. With the car I need double the time as I try to get in front with the bike on nearly every traffic light. The mirrors fixed to the bar ends make the Bobber wider than the Tiger so although in theory the Bobber is the better bike for commuting the Tiger is easier to handle because of its width

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is illegal in Germany but as long as you do not overdo it the rozzers do not seem to bother.
It's typical for German laws again. As I understand, it is legal as such to slowly pull up to a red traffic light, if there is enough space and you don't endanger anyone. However in reality, you end up (slightly) in the left turn lane and you are not allowed to cross back over the solid line.

Depends a lot on my mood if I do that or not, or if I can make it through the traffic lights within one phase or not.

Tom

·
Registered
579 Posts
If they made filtering illegal in UK, might as well buy a car!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts