Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I have had a few questions about my Triumph side-mounted number/license plate, so thought I would do a mini review and share images.

I know these are not everyones 'cup of tea' and also may not be legal in some locations but I still thought it was worth sharing.

My main reason for this mod was simply to clean up the back end and give it a less cluttered look. I'm also very soon planing to add a fender rack so realize this will in part clutter up the back end, so moving the number plate will go some way to keeping this area less cluttered.

The quality of this Triumph product is excellent, very solid, well made and I think looks great. It folds in a little too (see pic) so is handy for tights spaces or when you're working on the bike. It sticks out around 9 inches and I have not found it a problem at all. I'm even able to reach back and fold it in while still on the bike if I'm in a tight space.

Overall I'm very pleased I made this modification and have no complaints.

Hope that helps. Any questions and I will do my best to answer.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. Any spelling or grammatical errors I'm blaming on the bottle of wine..:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Roy, thanks so much for this review. Everything I wanted to know about the mount. Only thing that's missing is a button on the handlebars that folds back the plate in case you're over the speed limit a bit :):)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Roy, thanks so much for this review. Everything I wanted to know about the mount. Only thing that's missing is a button on the handlebars that folds back the plate in case you're over the speed limit a bit :):)
Both the challenge and solution to the problem rest in going so fast that the air folds the plate in all by itself! ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
It folds itself at 108 MPH before I had my swingarm bag which blocks the wind to the side plate! >:)

Excellent review Roy. I have had my side mount for 1 1/2/ years and love it!

P.S. Just joking about the folding at speed!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not a really big fan of side plates but on a rigid Harley but this one looks OK. I prefer keeping all things in the rear in line for a sleeker look. JMO.

BUT in my country the license plate is small unlike the European plates so I get the mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts