Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking at fitting short rear mudguard and lights all parts available at triumph and has anyone got one and is it ok in wet weather thanks Phil

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
Shortening the rear mudguard means there's less to guard you from the mud. So you'll be wetter -probably a lot wetter- with a short'un.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought that looks so. Nice though was looking to find out where the water would leave the mudguard as in what position Phil

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I have the Bike Brothers short rear fender, so I hope my opinion will count some.
Absolutely stunning piece of kit BUT if I lived in a wet climate, there is no way I would be able to live with it. And I would revert to stock.
Even riding over a puddle, my back and rear of helmet were sprayed with (dirty) water.
Happened numerous times - and always the same result; whether a puddle, a bit of water or a lot. Horrible !!!

So I admit - I am a strict fair weather rider when it comes to enjoying my Bobber...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Which forward controls are you going with ?
Triumph or Freespirits ?
I think you’ve made a wise choice - as the UK can be quite wet and at times :wink2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triumph they look better to me not so chunky have side number plate on just bought side bag quite like the look of engine bars as well like the thought of apes but would need to ride one first
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts