Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a non-trivial change to the Bonneville Bobber.
I want to change out only the rear fender for the short fender.
The dealer was unsure of the exact parts needed and the install instructions (only available to him so far) and not crystal clear info.
The wiring would have to be easy plug in before I'd do this project myself.

Parts needs: (not positive about this)
- painted short rear mud fender - a9700401 ($250). seems to come with new tail
lamp and housing for 2 new LED lamps. includes new wiring.

- rear multi-function light kit - a9838046 ($ ?) LED & an integrated brake and turn signal lights within a bullet style high
gloss finished black aluminium bezel.

- front LED indicator kit - a9838049 ($ ?) LED & multi-function (I can't seem to find images of this)

- side mounted number plate - a9750730 ($ ?) - re-wiring required for plate lamp

PAINTED SHORT REAR MUDGUARD
A shortened rear mudguard, made from steel and finished in black. Includes shot rear stay. Requires side mounted number plate and multi function lamp kit to be fitted. US Homologated only.

Personally I'm not so sure I like the LED signal lamp look but it IS required for the short rear fender.

Still unanswered, for me at least:
- can the license plate be physically rotated to the vertical position (its ok to do
legally and its a big deal for me personally).
- is the rear fender bracket painted black or gray/silver, as I see both images on the
Internet.
- where can I get a copy of the installation instructions (dealer said maybe 10 pages
long and limited access (so far).

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am envious. The side mounted license plate holders are totally illegal here :/
I talked to my dealer about the side mount plate option and he said they are not listed as an available option here in Canada but are listed on the US site.

He also mentioned that local (Calgary) police don't appear to be too concerned about vehicle violations but might use it as a reason to pull you over to talk to you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The problem comes when you mount them sideways, upside down, caddy-corner, ect. You can probably check your local DMV website for vertical placement.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Vertical placement would be great as it shortens that width significantly but I find it looks kind of off-putting to me lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to agree. I'm waiting for a state tag I ordered with "BOBBEER" as the number and wonder how that looks vertical. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lol I think that would look pretty funny. What would really throw people off is if you threw some 8's in their in place of the B's haha. When it's vertical, it's difficult already to read, a few "illusions" and it's even more hectic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At some point, we'll be see one bobber with the license plate "BOBBEER" and another with "BO88EER" or different variations of it. :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Side Plate: Horizontal or Vertical

This in in response to a query.

I have the side plate, and it's predrilled for horizontal. It also has drill marks so you can drill your own to mount vertical. It's technically against regulations for vertical mount in Wash. State, but I see it all the time.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts