Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of any after-market rear fenders yet, other than the Triumph offering. I'm tempted to get my standard one chopped but I think I'd prefer to buy and fit a replacement instead, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much on the market yet as far as I can tell. Has anyone seen any available anywhere? Or news of parts manufacturers making them?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There definitely seems to be a market for it. I'm really not keen on the Triumph offering, I don't like the way the lights sit on the top of it, it just ruins the lines for me. I'd rather have a fender with either nothing on it and have multifunction lights mounted on the swing arm, or maybe have a light strip under the fender, but nothing on top of it. I've been in touch with some local custom shops, and had an invite to bring my bike down to one for a chat, so I'll try and do that in the next couple of weeks and see what they can do. If they can make it, fit it, and relocate lights as one job for me I might do that. Will depend on the costs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There definitely seems to be a market for it. I'm really not keen on the Triumph offering, I don't like the way the lights sit on the top of it, it just ruins the lines for me. I'd rather have a fender with either nothing on it and have multifunction lights mounted on the swing arm, or maybe have a light strip under the fender, but nothing on top of it. I've been in touch with some local custom shops, and had an invite to bring my bike down to one for a chat, so I'll try and do that in the next couple of weeks and see what they can do. If they can make it, fit it, and relocate lights as one job for me I might do that. Will depend on the costs.
Agree and looking for the same! I believe just a matter of time before someone an aftermarket product. The hard part is just waiting to see what develops.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sometimes vendors are open to disclosing products they're working on so you guys that want this stuff should email aftermarket companies/vendors to see what it in the works. They might even be looking for a Bobber to work on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
....seen something interesting...
That's clean looking! Is it your bike? Very similar to what ive been wanting to do. Just need to find the time and gather the parts to do it. Id like to know what work went into the end of that fender to smooth it out like that.

Has anyone looked at using one of the numerous after market universal bobber/chopper rear fenders and fab it to fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wunderkind struts on a cut down stock fender. The fender provided in the kit was smooth but I wanted the “ridge”. Not the best pic but.
Wonderful result, vell done. I have the wunderkind fender, but was missing the «ridge» for a look that compliments the front fender. The wunderkind struts with integrated (and approved «E» marked brake/turn signals) seen well made and a quality item.

Do you side mount the licence plate? I’m looking for a solution to rear-mount the plate as it is the only approved location in the EU.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Wonderful result, vell done. I have the wunderkind fender, but was missing the «ridge» for a look that compliments the front fender. The wunderkind struts with integrated (and approved «E» marked brake/turn signals) seen well made and a quality item.

Do you side mount the licence plate? I’m looking for a solution to rear-mount the plate as it is the only approved location in the EU.
This is what I’m using in conjunction with bike brothers short fender:

https://moskis.eu/en/product/soport...umph-bonneville-t100-t120-thruxton-2004-2016/

·
Registered
13 Posts

This is what I’m using in conjunction with bike brothers short fender:

https://moskis.eu/en/product/soport...umph-bonneville-t100-t120-thruxton-2004-2016/
Great find, thank you for the heads up. This years mod. it looks like ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts