Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got the bike I assumed i would replace both the front and rear fenders with shorter versions, either Triumph brand or otherwise. But now that I have a rear fender rack it looks like I'll be keeping the stock rear fender. So I am trying to decide whether to scuttle the idea of the short front fender, on the theory that it would look unbalanced without a shorty in back.

I have found pictures of only one bike with the short front/stock rear combo, pic attached. Looked unbalanced at first glance, but I don't know... Definitely accentuates the long, lean look of the bike overall... Any opinions?

And if anyone has this combo, do show and tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I first got the bike I assumed i would replace both the front and rear fenders with shorter versions, either Triumph brand or otherwise. But now that I have a rear fender rack it looks like I'll be keeping the stock rear fender. So I am trying to decide whether to scuttle the idea of the short front fender, on the theory that it would look unbalanced without a shorty in back.

I have found pictures of only one bike with the short front/stock rear combo, pic attached. Looked unbalanced at first glance, but I don't know... Definitely accentuates the long, lean look of the bike overall... Any opinions?

And if anyone has this combo, do show and tell.
I'll probably be the only one with this opinion, but I don't like the short front fender at all... I think the only angle it looks good at (IMO) is the direct side like the image you posted, all other angles just don't look 'right' to me.. The longer rear fender makes the bike looks classic, and I think the stock front fender really solidifies that classic look, especially with a rack.... short front fender is like cafe/brat, and it wouldn't blend IMO

·
Registered
545 Posts
When I first got mine, no fender rack. I did like it alot, but the short rear fender was more in keeping with the look I was after.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
taking the aesthetics out of the question, do you ride in the rain?

If that's a yes, then dont shorten either mudguard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts