Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called today and my short front and rear fenders have arrived. The dealer is 300 mikes away and I don't have plans to be back there any time soon. So I'm thinking I'll have them shipped to me and do the install myself. I have the bike lift and all necessary tools, but the one thing I am lacking is experience. Installing the fenders seems straightforward enough, but I am concerned about removing the rear tire, reinstalling it, and especially the chain readjustment. Those of you experienced in these things please talk me in to this please or vice versa. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triumph dealer here

You do need to remove the rear fender

There's no way around it

Thanks. Any idea why instructions say to replace the front indicator signals? Can't see how those are implicated in replacing fenders.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks. Any idea why instructions say to replace the front indicator signals? Can't see how those are implicated in replacing fenders.

US bikes already have LED turn signals so you won't need to change them. They are not legal as standard equipment in some countries! You will need the Multifunction lite bar the you already have and the side number plate mount which you have not yet admitted to having?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
US bikes already have LED turn signals so you won't need to change them. They are not legal as standard equipment in some countries! You will need the Multifunction lite bar the you already have and the side number plate mount which you have not yet admitted to having?

Thanks for info. My side-mount license plate is already installed.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Take careful note of your chain tension now and note how your adjusters are now. Do you have a mechanically inclined friend or an independent bike mechanic nearby. The install is not that hard but the only reason to DIY is money. If that is not the main issue I would recommend help!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take careful note of your chain tension now and note how your adjusters are now. Do you have a mechanically inclined friend or an independent bike mechanic nearby. The install is not that hard but the only reason to DIY is money. If that is not the main issue I would recommend help!

Money not an issue--just finding someone local to assist. I am 300 miles from nearest Triumph dealer. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts