Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pics of brake light/ turn signal options for guys that have cut or removed the rear fender.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi BobbyP,

....very neat job, is it a dry climate where you live?

Even with full length guards, front and rear, if I get caught out in the rain me and the bike get home absolutely covered in mud and muck!

and just a ‘heads up’ about your tool roll.....I had one mounted in exactly the same place, looked really good, then one day out riding I hit a massive hole in the road, the suspension bottomed out big time, killed my back but even worse one of the buckles on the tool roll gouged a deep groove about an inch long down to the metal in the rear mudguard.

I was heart broken, it took me a month to fill it in and build up the groove with paint and then cut it back down and polish it out, started out at 1000 grit wet and dry through to 7000 grit and finally ending with T-Cut polishing compound, thankfully it looks like new again.

Cheers,

Billybobber

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but figured I'd post a pic of my fender delete. Used the New Rage fender eliminator tail light, license plate mount, and 360 front turn signal replacements. Wrapped the exhaust. Looking to do clip ons next.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0424.jpg

·
Registered
446 Posts
I do wonder about the desire for these short fenders on the Triumph Bobber....you guys sure you didn't intend to go out and buy Sportsters but ended up at the wrong dealers...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hmmm, debate...... Bobber I believe was for the single seat version of custom bikes, original bikes with single seats, were not called bobbers, just motorbikes. with single seats.
The rear fender is just another custom part of our bikes, we can remove them, cut them to suit, leave them or even make them longer (trirocket).
Personally this bike had one ugly feature - and that was the light unit stuck on-top of the rear fender. How to get rid of it, cut it off, job done.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I do wonder about the desire for these short fenders on the Triumph Bobber....you guys sure you didn't intend to go out and buy Sportsters but ended up at the wrong dealers...
Those rear fenders rot and rust off anyway . I can state this as it happened to my iron, hoping triumph metal work can withstand cold Scottish wet roads

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hmmm, debate...... Bobber I believe was for the single seat version of custom bikes, original bikes with single seats, were not called bobbers, just motorbikes. with single seats.
The rear fender is just another custom part of our bikes, we can remove them, cut them to suit, leave them or even make them longer (trirocket).
Personally this bike had one ugly feature - and that was the light unit stuck on-top of the rear fender. How to get rid of it, cut it off, job done.
but its not "job done" because you gotta then relocate it somewhere

1 - 17 of 17 Posts