Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Sharpie story . . . . but not what you think.

[URL=https://s172.photobucket.com/user/gfspencer/media/Seast_1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s172.photobucket.com/user/gfspencer/media/Corbin_1.jpg.html][/URL]

When I ordered my Corbin I thought that "Corbin" would be blacked out. It wasn't. So I fixed it with a Sharpie Laundry Marker. I'll let the fix dry for 24 hours and then I'll do it again. I'll follow that with black shoe polish 24 hours later. (I'm retired Army. I'm an expert when it comes to black shoe polish. :wink2: )

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great looking saddle and it complements your whitewalls nicely!

How about some white grips and white spark plug wires? Sounds questionable but there's a video of a Softail Slim on YouTube with all those white accents and it looks quite sharp. The seat piping on it is like yours too, but I'm guessing his is a Mustang.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
338 Posts
nice quick and easy fix! i like having things "clean" looking and not too overly-stated with company logos.
that was one thing that kept me from getting the zard exhausts - those large oval badges that they had on them.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
nice quick and easy fix! i like having things "clean" looking and not too overly-stated with company logos.
that was one thing that kept me from getting the zard exhausts - those large oval badges that they had on them.
I totally agree,

I think this is one area that aftermarket companies get it WRONG. I understand them wishing to advertise (on our dollar) or just being proud of their product. But what they don't realize is that when as amateur builders we have added lots of aftermarket parts to our rides, we end up with an uncoordinated cacophony of logos festooning our builds...:crying:

At the very least, give us a choice for a logo free product or make it more subtle.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I totally agree,

I think this is one area that aftermarket companies get it WRONG. I understand them wishing to advertise (on our dollar) or just being proud of their product. But what they don't realize is that when as amateur builders we have added lots of aftermarket parts to our rides, we end up with an uncoordinated cacophony of logos festooning our builds...:crying:

At the very least, give us a choice for a logo free product or make it more subtle.

Cheerio,

Roy
I totally agree.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I totally agree,

Cheerio,

Roy
exactly!

it's not like we're nascar. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I don’t appreciate the Corbin logo either (though mine is authentic Corbin black and not sharpie...>:))

However I do like the Zard cooper/bronze badges and even if there was an option to delete them, I wouldn’t.

BTW, apart from the fact that it looks great on your bike, what do you think of the seat comfort-wise ?? Eager to hear your opinion.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t appreciate the Corbin logo either (though mine is authentic Corbin black and not sharpie...>:))

However I do like the Zard cooper/bronze badges and even if there was an option to delete them, I wouldn’t.

BTW, apart from the fact that it looks great on your bike, what do you think of the seat comfort-wise ?? Eager to hear your opinion.
You got what I asked for. I don't know why my Corbin logo was in white. :frown2:

The seat is great comfort-wise. And from all that I have heard it is supposed to get better. :grin2:

If the weather ever gets cooler I think I will get in some long rides. (It is 93º F in North Carolina today. That sucks.)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The Corbin does break in and shapes to your rump. Gets better with every mile.
Enjoy !

Are you going to complain about the white stitching ? Especially if you ordered the black and have it in writing...!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Corbin does break in and shapes to your rump. Gets better with every mile.
Enjoy !

Are you going to complain about the white stitching ? Especially if you ordered the black and have it in writing...!
Nope. Not worth the hassle. There was probably a miscommunication on my part. I like the seat and the white embroidered name is not visible now that it's black. >:)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Think twice before complaining to Corbin. You may have much bigger problems if you ever have to deal with them again. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Think twice before complaining to Corbin. You may have much bigger problems if you ever have to deal with them again. Nuff said.
Right now there is nothing to complain about. The seat arrived in a timely manner. I corrected the white lettering with the stroke of a Sharpie. The seat is well made and looks great. Most important, the seat is fantastic for my butt. I'm happy. :laugh:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've emailed corbin a couple of times trying to get material samples. Their website says they respond in a day. In reality they dont respond at all. Customer service is not a priority for them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've emailed corbin a couple of times trying to get material samples. Their website says they respond in a day. In reality they don't respond at all. Customer service is not a priority for them.
Yes, Corbin has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau for good reason. And they seem quite proud of this rating, which is why I assume my old friend Mike Corbin must be in hospice care. That breaks my heart because he really was one of the good guys when he was actually running the business.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/hollister/profile/motorcycle-supplies/corbin-pacific-inc-1216-207644

-GPz

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another Sharpie story . . . . but not what you think.

[URL=https://s172.photobucket.com/user/gfspencer/media/Seast_1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s172.photobucket.com/user/gfspencer/media/Corbin_1.jpg.html][/URL]

When I ordered my Corbin I thought that "Corbin" would be blacked out. It wasn't. So I fixed it with a Sharpie Laundry Marker. I'll let the fix dry for 24 hours and then I'll do it again. I'll follow that with black shoe polish 24 hours later. (I'm retired Army. I'm an expert when it comes to black shoe polish. :wink2: )
Mr gfspenser
thank you for your service. I am retired Navy. you just made me have a boot camp stencil party flashback.. 😆
I ordered my Corbin with Gold because I am planning on a few brass accents. Thanks to you I have a nice backup plane just in case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts