Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
No dude, y'all guys drive on wrong side. 😊. The steering is a bit sketchy. I had to use a go cart wheel because there is -0- room in that death trap. It's lots of fun but I've never been over 50 mph in it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah 50 may be it's limit considering it's got the aerodynamics of a house brick, the only thing aerodynamic about it is the 1934 grill, I like it 👍

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
I like the graphics over the tank strap, I think. lol.
I think it compliments your bike perfectly!
Not my style as I like a clean look if the paint is excellent. Which I will say on my bike it is! Triumph knocked it out of the park! The black finish is almost perfect!
It seems as if in today’s world a quality paint job is secondary when it comes to companies. I have been turned off of buying a vehicle because the paint was horrible! Orange peel, is my biggest pet peeve, and there are too many manufacturers putting out crap.

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Here's some better shots of the tank strap in case anyone was considering adding one. It's the OEM Thruxton strap and rather than try attach it to the seat bolt, I decided to fold it under the tank. It's a lot cleaner IMO. It's growing on me but I'm sure I'll be bored of it soon enough haha.

View attachment 51329 View attachment 51330
Funny, when I find something that works well overall it stays. I’m just afraid I’ll do damage if I change it for a reason other than failure of the part itself.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Here's some better shots of the tank strap in case anyone was considering adding one. It's the OEM Thruxton strap and rather than try attach it to the seat bolt, I decided to fold it under the tank. It's a lot cleaner IMO. It's growing on me but I'm sure I'll be bored of it soon enough haha.

View attachment 51329 View attachment 51330 View attachment 51331
So what did you do? I’m guessing after measuring up you cut the end off leaving a bit extra to fold under and use as a hook for the base of the tank? Is it as simple as that?

·
Registered
515 Posts
So what did you do? I’m guessing after measuring up you cut the end off leaving a bit extra to fold under and use as a hook for the base of the tank? Is it as simple as that?
First I drilled a hole in the end of the strap and thread the front seat bolt through it. It looked okay, but there was a noticeable gap on the curvature on the bottom front of the tank. I could not get it to lay flat enough for my liking. You can see what I mean here:

So all I did was pull it tight and fold it under. The end of the aluminum strap (left side below) do need crimping down flat so that it can fold under the tank without cutting. But that was easy enough. Also the leather strap needed about 1" trim off the bottom. Strap was about $120 from Triumph dealer.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
First I drilled a hole in the end of the strap and thread the front seat bolt through it. It looked okay, but there was a noticeable gap on the curvature on the bottom front of the tank. I could not get it to lay flat enough for my liking. You can see what I mean here:

View attachment 51333

So all I did was pull it tight and fold it under. The end of the aluminum strap (left side below) do need crimping down flat so that it can fold under the tank without cutting. But that was easy enough. Also the leather strap needed about 1" trim off the bottom. Strap was about $120 from Triumph dealer.

View attachment 51332
Thanks for that now I’m really tempted!

1041 - 1060 of 1096 Posts