Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Bobber is 1st bike I have ever actually owned. Bored family members here and there. Last summer finally got legal to ride as I wanted to but my own (was going to be the Street Twin till saw the Bobber coming out. What I was riding the last couple summers...RE Bullet.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Collection...(part of)

The Cafe Racer was a labour of love - I called her Purdey and she took around 12 months of work. I sold her to pay for the Bobber....

The Indian I still have.

The Rocket X I sold a few weeks ago, to fund the purchase of an R1200GS.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
R9 ?

Is that one of the BMW R9 Series ?

It looks sensational.

I came so close to buying the R9 Urban GS recently. Such a pretty bike.

Suzanne

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've had 27 bikes since 1977, sadly never really took care of keeping old photos, but here are a couple of pics of my old 1979 Triumph T140D Bonneville Special, (should have kept that one; and in original cond. too!).
First, I just stripped her down to the bare essentials; no mirrors, no indicators, no rear seat (I was a single soldier back then), no air-box/open carbs, solid brass handlebars, open megaphone "silencer">:), old T120V headlamp from a 650, no tacho etc.

A year later I stripped her down completely and had the frame/tank/rear mudguard painted in VW/Audi Granadarot! Plus a few other mods. That picture of her in her red trim, was taken at the 1984 Kent Custom Bike Show GB, just after leaving the Army. They were crazy days:wink2:

The very next year, I swapped her for the 1959 Triumph 5TA 500 Chopper you can see me sitting on in picture no.3 :grin2:
The forks were 24 inches over; home made by God knows who, and she had a welded on hardtail. You can see that the front wheel is not straight in the forks, causing her to pull strongly to the right all the time while riding; waving to other bikers was an intrepid undertaking, I can tell ya :smile2: I got rid of the forks during a complete rebuild of that bike, unfortunately I don't have any more pics of her. As far as I know, those old forks are still hanging on the wall of an MC clubhouse somewhere in here in Germany as a warning; "don't put these on any bike, kids!" I rode it in that condition from Devon GB, to Paderborn Germany in 1985!! I'm probably very lucky that I survived it.
If you look closely at my right leg/jeans, you'll see the huge oily area; that came from the blown right side of the cylinder head gasket :laugh:

These pics are from 1983-85.

Cheers!
mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
My other ride is a modified Honda Ruckus (big bore kit and just about everything else has been changed in one way or another). It'll go over 60mph and it's a blast to ride around town.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Current stable

I am too old to have digital pics of all my bikes, as I have been riding for 55 years. I have owned a Norton 750 Commando, Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasakis, 11 Harleys, and even a Solex when I was 12 and a Sears branded Puch,
Here is my current stable: 2014 HD RK CVO, 2017 Triumph Bobber, 2012 Victory Vegas, and 2012 Vespa 300 Gti

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I am too old to have digital pics of all my bikes, as I have been riding for 55 years. I have owned a Norton 750 Commando, Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasakis, 11 Harleys, and even a Solex when I was 12 and a Sears branded Puch,
Here is my current stable: 2014 HD RK CVO, 2017 Triumph Bobber, 2012 Victory Vegas, and 2012 Vespa 300 Gti
Sears had a bike?? Have to look that up now!!..

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice collection of "my kind of bikes"!

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
My Tiger and Diavel. The Tiger carries all the luggage, is supremely comfortable and all-day practical. The Diavel carries the tiniest bum-bag in the world. Guess which gets the attention when stopped?

I've also added my old Thunderbird, which went when the Bobber came along, and also the main reason I'm so popular at rallies...

- Pasta

Attachments

1 - 20 of 168 Posts