Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying I don't have a Speedmaster.

However although I chose to purchase a Bobber I can't help but appreciate just how terrific the Speedmaster is. If I needed a back seat or had the funds for a second bike, one of these splendid Triumphs would be at the top of my list. Heck I would even consider going all vintage 'Wallis & Gromit' by adding a sidecar to take the wife and dog out :surprise: .

Anyway I digress, so in the spirit of inclusion and sharing I would like to invite anyone who rides a Speedmaster to post any and all photos of these great bikes, as I know I for one would enjoy seeing such images.

I didn't see a dedicated photo section for the Speedmaster so thought I would start one (but forgive me if there is one and I didn't see it).

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
Well… You asked... I don't have many at the moment...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
I actually love it. It doesn't feel like the bars are swept back, until you try a tight slow turn, and the knees get in the way a not, the footboards are great, and I added them to give me some flexibility in foot position (particularly left) for my knee issue, and it works brilliantly. My view is that the footboards are less restrictive on lean angle than the footpegs...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Wonderful bike and a terrific 'action' shot.

Now I need to get a photo like that:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
Come over to North Carolina/Tennessee and ride The Dragon. You just might be able to buy some shots like that from Killboy.com.
I have several photos that Killboy took of my car when I was on The Dragon. He's got a pretty good thing going.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just posted these phots on the intro forum.
Loving the black engine casings chaps that might be a later addition.
Hopefully Decat this weekend and I have a set of Black US spec V&H that need to be fitted, though I do like the chromies and the sound.
I will see how things go!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Nickz. Oxford Heritage bags. They have a nice Union Jack on them too. Brackets are universal from Willie and Max.
'Oxford heritage' Wow
ive just had a search very reasonable too any bad points.
Bike looks cool by the way love the Red

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nicks, I would say the only bad points would be the strap keepers are somewhat cheap, and the buckle and eyelets are real soft aluminum. The bags came in a deep black but weathered fast, faded out to a black grey. That doesn’t bother me though it gives it a older look. They are still in my opinion good bags for the price. Been on 3000mile trip stuffed, and worked flawlessly. Things stay dry inside due to a water resistant lining that can be removed if one wants. I also have the large duffle bag that can be attached and strapped across a luggage rack or seat.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts