Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone selling their Bobber for the Speedmaster? I test drove the SM last week and now I'm considering it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I sat on - but did not ride - a Speedmaster. They look like fine bikes but I just preferred the simpler Bobber Black so I won't trade.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I considered it, but something about the speedmaster felt wrong for me. I really do love the original bobber the most, but I am considering a fuel tank from it.
Instead of changing the tank, which normally will cost you some € (more then), the option I chose for is adding one of these small (tool) bags on the left-swing and „forced“a 1l „canister“ in it, hoping ( ok I know that will happen one day) that I will never have to take it out, but if... 1 Liter, is not much but on a moment you don’t have other petrol, 1 Liter will bring me to worldchampionworthy kms (I guess)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Bobber is my first choice for same day and around town riding. And I love the design. But, have to admit that if I didn’t have my Indian Scout for multi-day trips, I’d be seriously looking at The Speedmaster.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry but I don't like the look of the Speedmaster at all, one bit even.

It looks like a c*cked up Bobber to me.

Just my 5¢

·
Registered
296 Posts
I parked up next to one in Edinburgh at the weekend there. Spent a couple of minutes comparing the two and decided the Bobber looks much better.

The Speedmaster's more practical yes, but it looks a tad "frumpy".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bobber is my first choice for same day and around town riding. And I love the design. But, have to admit that if I didn’t have my Indian Scout for multi-day trips, I’d be seriously looking at The Speedmaster.
This exactly my circumstance. I think having a Bobber and Speedmaster would be perfect I'm just not sure if I want a second bike right now. It's a nice dilemma to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts