Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm thinking of swapping out my Points cover and am seeking inspiration.
I'm probably looking for something brass or black but just not sure what I want yet. So hoping to get an idea of what's available or what people have customized to fit in place of the stock one.
Hence this call out/invitation/request to show me pics of your pointcovers. Ta! :grin2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, it is great to see the various covers on the bikes! Much appreciated; it helps me visualise the overall picture better. But it's not really making my decision any easier as they all look great :p
I think maybe I'm leaning towards the Motone Union Jack. I love the all brass one against the chrome, but it'll be more of a contrast against the flat black of my bike, so not quite sure. The contrast cut one is very cool. But I have to admit I thought there'd be more out there that my Google searches weren't giving me, but it does seem like Motone and Triumph are the pool without starting from scratch as a one off.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hi Trace, this obviously is an aesthetic decision. As for my choice: the horizontal lines seem to compliment the lines of the cooling fins. You have a good eye as evidenced from your very pretty Bobber mods and I'm sure whichever you choose will work with your creation.??

Chico

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Trace, this obviously is an aesthetic decision. As for my choice: the horizontal lines seem to compliment the lines of the cooling fins. You have a good eye as evidenced from your very pretty Bobber mods and I'm sure whichever you choose will work with your creation.??
Chico
I thought this change would give me at least five more hp :wink2:
Thanks for the feedback Chico, much appreciated... and yes I'm hoping it will too. I like the horizontal ribbed versions too... and as I recall the (functional) one on my uncle's old Bonny was ribbed.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi all, I'm thinking of swapping out my Points cover and am seeking inspiration.
I'm probably looking for something brass or black but just not sure what I want yet. So hoping to get an idea of what's available or what people have customized to fit in place of the stock one.
Hence this call out/invitation/request to show me pics of your pointcovers. Ta! :grin2:
I went with Triumph, nothing exciting and nothing brass but it is a perfect match for the engine case and if you didn't know, it looks stock, which I like.

One thing I would recommend if you're looking to add some brass to your Bobber, is Brass head-bolt covers. :grin2:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts