Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nobody told me the bobber was a summer dry weather only bike. Dash and indicators flashing like Christmas tree lights. Second visit back to dealer. Not impressed.
So what are you saying, the moment your caught in rain or are lodged with condensation, they don’t work properly?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what are you saying, the moment your caught in rain or are lodged with condensation, they don’t work properly?
I'm saying I've ridden the bike through winter and had to change the indicators....all four of them twice. And they don't just stop working they flash intermittently so makes the bike unrideable imo. Not good enough from a 12 grand bike.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed, I wonder if this may have something to do with the speedo/écu. I say this because I’ve had to change the speedometer with less than 2000 miles on the clock when the dealer diagnosed the non functioning of the flashers to be the speedometer.

There is no relay nor a fuse for the flasher system, they are wired through your speedo onto the écu. What the ****!

Good thing my bike was still under warranty, but like you I’m wondering if this will be a repeated issue.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try changing the settings! I had the same problem getting no hazard light and changed setting from #1 - #4.
Try the different settings 1 - 4 and see if that works for you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealership and triumph have reported that these and the other bikes with the same indicators have had issues. Several others have had them replaced. That's from the manufacturer. That's shite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts