Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Triumph ribbed seat in black (full description in Triumph configurator).
I tried it once before deciding it's not what I'm looking for.
Looking to do a straight swop for a standard seat?
Perfect condition.
I am UK based (West Sussex).
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are entitled to the standard seat from the dealer. You paid for it when you bought the bike. You also paid the cost of the new seat. The cost of the new seat will be shown along with fitting on your invoice.

I had the dealer fit a different seat and got the standard seat from them, though I did ask for it, so I suspect that they try to hang on to them as spares. The dealer produced the standard seat pad without any bother when I went back to pick it up.

Go back to your dealer and ask for it.

I wonder how many dealers just give you the originals for parts you replace without being asked?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, I never said I haven't got the original seat.
I have got it.
Rather than sell the ribbed seat I'm offering a straight swop.
Hopefully it gives someone a no cost seat they want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What's the problem just I have a brown statement seat and it's not great looking for something more cushioned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's not much difference between the standard and quilted seats.
Both have same amount of cushioning as far as I can see, but quilted seats are about 1" narrower at the rear.
Both are comfortable enough.

The statement seat looks brutally uncompromising to my eye!
How do you find it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's not much difference between the standard and quilted seats.
Both have same amount of cushioning as far as I can see, but quilted seats are about 1" narrower at the rear.
Both are comfortable enough.

The statement seat looks brutally uncompromising to my eye!
How do you find it?

I love my Statement BUT its not for everyone, true its a park bench beauty but I just find it suits my bike and I can live with the comfort after riding push bikes with Selle Italia and Brooks saddles on them.
I have also rode with the standard and the ribbed seats fitted as well, so have tried them all and I am sticking with my Statement.
Maybe I am just into BDSM but don't know it :D

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts