Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2500 kilometres on the Statement Seat, I must say it has left a pretty hard and lasting statement on me, or I should say, my rear-end!
I still think it looks fantastic, but comfort rules so I've fitted a brown ribbed seat onto the original pan.
Here's some pics as I haven't seen many fitting this particular seat yet.
Personally I think it looks almost just as good as the statement, but it much more comfortable and I feel more in control while riding.

mike

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the brown factory ribbed seat right? What did you do with the old one?
Yes indeed!
I still have the original black seat, and the brown statement seat.

mike

·
Registered
553 Posts
Interested to sell either for cheap? I want a seat to modify without removing my current seat. You can only do so much with 3 seats. Let me know. PM me if interested. Thanks.
I like the ribbed seat, it's also a shame the statement is proving really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Appreciate the offer mate, but I'm afraid I'll be keeping them; I'd also like to do some experimenting.

An old friend of mine is a leather 'artist', does upholstery, leather engraving, waistcoats etc. so I'll be consulting him this winter to see what he can come up with.
His missus works with silver so something cool should come of this ;-) He made me a couple of really nice guitar straps over a decade ago, they're still in daily service, and ageing gracefully.
I'm also thinking of having some round "carb" covers made for my bobber in sterling silver with my tattoo-studio logo on them; they have a foundry, and can make a mould from the originals.

I hope the moderators don't mind me adding the link here to these lovely people...

Â**Â*Celtibarian.comÂ**Â*LeatherÂ**Â*SilverÂ**Â*DesignÂ**Â*Â*

cheers!
mike

By the way, if you visit their website, click on "galerie" and then 2007; you'll see some conchos they did for me for my Harley Vrod camshaft covers, with my studio "pirates" logo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts