Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It worked. the bent spring steel plus rubber encased bushing and the padding under the seat gave notable suspension improvement while holding firm at the stock seat angle.
It took a sizable road bump to make the seat bounce. (test rider is 250 lbs)
And some road vibration has been lessened.

Any interest out there? Beta Testers?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m interested, British roads are rubbish si if it works here you would be onto a winner ... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we used a heavy press to bend the bar. The bend does not compromise the strength of this heat treated steel.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It worked. the bent spring steel plus rubber encased bushing and the padding under the seat gave notable suspension improvement while holding firm at the stock seat angle.
It took a sizable road bump to make the seat bounce. (test rider is 250 lbs)
And some road vibration has been lessened.

Any interest out there? Beta Testers?
This interest me very much. I'm big and tall. I'm starting to investigate getting my seat up and back a bit. I'm 6'4" and a couple 16 ounce ribeyes over 300 lbs. I'm also fairly crafty at cobbling stuff together that works , and that's how I stumbled onto this.

Any progress as to a possible time these might be available?

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
OK , haven't figured out editing on a post (after the edit icon disappears , that is). I just popped open the link and saw where you had to give up on the project due to shop time. Bummer , looks like you were headed in the right direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts