Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Love it! I'm curious about the answer to eisen77's question too. Same padding underneath, or did you switch it up and go with a gel insert or something?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes

Why all the large holes?

Chico
My styling for the bike will be as the name suggests, heading down the old aircraft bomber route, the holes are called lightening holes, because they remove excess material (weight) and still maintain strength, very common in aeroplanes and many racing cars. the link below is a loose idea of my seat.

https://www.vinterior.co/listings/ww2-bomber-seat-russian-engineers-navigators-aircraft-seat-bomber-chair?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4v38lpfz2AIVBijTCh0M-wZ_EAYYAiABEgJOC_D_BwE

The rest of the bike will follow the theme but slowly, fenders/gaurds will be next.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Brigstocksbobber I like your handy work on the seat pan !!!
Are they blind rivets around the edge ??

A seat pan like that would go well with my Avro tshirt and Irvine jacket :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What

Blind rivets, tsk tsk. solid monels. "I thank you". Some advie from the sheeties but other than that, all my own work.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Blind rivets, tsk tsk. solid monels. "I thank you". Some advie from the sheeties but other than that, all my own work.
Some advie from the sheeties.. Huh???

Solid monels never heard of them before but guess there’s a solid Monel fitting tool aswell ??

Reactions: Louie
1 - 20 of 27 Posts