Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably the simplest of questions:
What tools do I need to remove the seat:
Do I need a TorQ bit to remove the seat? OR just regular spanner/socket for the 2 nuts underneath?
If I need a torQ bit, then what size?

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's a Torx T50 bit that you'll need for the 3 screws at the front of the tongue; one that fits onto your 1/2 inch drive ratchet is best.
A 17mm goose-neck ring spanner is perfect for the 2 nuts to adjust or remove the seat without removing the tongue completely.

Hope this helps.
mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's a Torx T50 bit that you'll need for the 3 screws at the front of the tongue; one that fits onto your 1/2 inch drive ratchet is best.
A 17mm goose-neck ring spanner is perfect for the 2 nuts to adjust or remove the seat without removing the tongue completely.

Hope this helps.
mike
Thanks for the advice Mike! The Owners Manual does not specify the size needed for the seat adjustment screws so your help was great! I purchased a T50 today and adjusted my seat and the handlebars. Great!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Isn't there a little seat wrench behind one of the side covers?...I could be thinking of a diff bike, but thought there was one...
There is a torx tool behind the cover, but its small, something like a T20 or T25. I think its meant for accessing the air filters. Its far too small for the seat.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Having taken my seat off yesterday, I can confirm it's a T50 Torx (thanks Zanetti) for the 3 torx bolts and a 17mm socket for the bolts underneath.

Technically, it's just the 17mm socket, but there wasn't enough space to get the socket on with the seat still in place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Corbin seat on order. Anyone know what size are the four little screws on the seat pan... torx or hex? Size? Hanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts