Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey there,

Do you happen to have any pics showing the forward controls with you on and off the bike?

I’ve been considering the forward controls!
I'm 6ft4 and I weight 190. I have forward controls, along with high handlebars and I'm not too tall for the bike. Here's a picture of my bike with high handlebars and forward controls. Everything else is stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
jeez guys this is so American, anyone in your beautiful country can a buy enough guns to kill a whole village but swearing is a no go, wonder what is more dangerous some four letter words or an AK 47
What a ridiculous statement! So "American" ? WTF? Yea, we can buy guns! Yea, we actually cherish freedom! AK 47's aren't dangerous...Crazy people are! (Like the chap in Germany who plowed through a crowded shopping district during Christmas several years ago!).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
By the way derchef, AK 47's aren't legal to buy in the US, they are automatic military weapons like the M16. The media and politicians are feeding the world with erroneous 💩. The civilian version of the M16 is the AR15 which is a single shot per trigger pull. It's just like any semi automatic rifle except for it's "looks".

Chico

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any other tall Bobber owners out there? I’m just under 6.4” and want to understand if I’m going to be too big for the Bobber or if there are tall riders of them out there living with them happily?

I did spot a mod a chap on here did that resulted in the seat being positioned a great deal further back than possible in standard form!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
Hey Mike! I know you posted this a few years back but I am just finding it. I'm 6'5" (196cm for you across the pond!) and really want a Bobber. I've located a beautiful Bobber Black with a lot of custom features for a pretty fair price. Did. you ever pull the trigger? If so, what did you get and what (if anything) have you done to her to make her a better fit? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any other tall Bobber owners out there? I’m just under 6.4” and want to understand if I’m going to be too big for the Bobber or if there are tall riders of them out there living with them happily?

I did spot a mod a chap on here did that resulted in the seat being positioned a great deal further back than possible in standard form!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
You could also kill two birds with one stone by the addition of a Wilbers 640 fully adjustable rear shock. If you live in the states, they will set up the shock, not only based on your weight but also your preferred seat height. They are firm believers of adding an extra inch or so to the rear travel of the mono shock which is the single greatest factor to improve the function of the rear suspension. They know what they are doing: Wilbers Suspension Manufaktur | Bonneville Bobber | DV 01 | purchase online

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
Looks like you're in the UK, but Wilbers EU will be able to accomplish the same thing...here's the link: Wilbers Suspension Manufaktur | Bonneville Bobber | DV 01 | purchase online

·
Registered
532 Posts
You could also kill two birds with one stone by the addition of a Wilbers 640 fully adjustable rear shock. If you live in the states, they will set up the shock, not only based on your weight but also your preferred seat height. They are firm believers of adding an extra inch or so to the rear travel of the mono shock which is the single greatest factor to improve the function of the rear suspension. They know what they are doing: Wilbers Suspension Manufaktur | Bonneville Bobber | DV 01 | purchase online
BobbleHead, I don’t see an option to increase the length or travel on the ordering page. Did you order with an increased travel? If so, how did you go about this? TIA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BobbleHead, I don’t see an option to increase the length or travel on the ordering page. Did you order with an increased travel? If so, how did you go about this? TIA.
@Forjox I spoke with Bryan Font at EPM Performance, the USA Dealer for Wilber’s. His German mentor is a very capable guy and told me the biggest factor in improving suspension performance is accomplished by adding stroke to the rear shock:
Bryan Font
EPM Performance Imports
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 732-786-9777
Home | EPM Performance

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I’m 6”2 and my seat is in the stock position and I find it a perfectly comfortable riding position. I think the bike really is one of the more comfortable to ride with out there.
I’m 6’2” too and while I found the stock seat in the stock position comfortable, I didn’t like that whenever I went to put my feet down the pegs seemed to be in the way. OK the bike’s so low I just had to put them out a bit wider but it was annoying.

So I’ve moved the seat to its most rearward position and the problem’s solved, now when I come to a stop the pegs are in front of my shins plus I get a bit more space on the bike, which suits me better.

But we’re all different, if you haven’t already try playing around with the seat position and see what works for you, it’s only a few inches either way but it’s surprising what a difference it makes.

·
Registered
2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber
55 Posts
I’m 6’2 tall
About 95kgs and I ride with the seat in the forward most position, I put it all the way back and didn’t like the way the bike felt under me. Think it’s best to try what works for you!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I drilled the little slot out at the back of the seat bracket so I can put the back bolt of the seat in, it gives you about another inch of room, I'm ONLY 6,1" but are sticking with the mid mounts because I'd rather do a Kevin Schwantz and stick my knees out in the breeze I always feel I can ride much better that way, I had forward pegs on my 05 R3 and Ducati Diavel and always hated it, to me forward pegs made me feel less involved in the ride,I also have high bars at least 12 inches (mine are Harley Dyna wide Glide bars) to me makes the Bobber feel very light and in control but also very comfortable for longer stints in the saddle, I have also got an Alex seat which gives me an extra bit of room over the stock seat, LOVE IT
Water Sky Cloud Tire Wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
[/QUOTE

Try adding a springer seat

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m 6’2 tall
About 95kgs and I ride with the seat in the forward most position, I put it all the way back and didn’t like the way the bike felt under me. Think it’s best to try what works for you!
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
I made a springer seat bracket that bolted to my bike.

No holes drilled in my bike or seat.

With the bracket, the seat can be moved further back the stock allows.

With the springs the seat can be mounted higher than the stock mount allows.

[email protected]

21 - 36 of 36 Posts